-   -   Kmail does Something Strange (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-kde/10632-kmail-does-something-strange.html)

Richard Ibbotson 12-02-2007 10:19 AM

Kmail does Something Strange

Hello there

I've got a minor bug in Kmail 1.9.7. KDE 3.5.8 and Etch stable. Was
wondering whether someone could help me out.

http://download.tuxfamily.org/emiscabpo/kde358-bpo

If I 'cd' to....

/home/user/.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail/inbox/cur#

and do 'ls -a' there is nothing in this folder or in tmp or new. But,
when I open Kmail there is a message entitled "Unknown" with no
subject which cannot be deleted by Kmail. Perhaps this is something
to do with a lockfile of some sort ?

Anyone know how to get rid of this ?

Regards

--
Richard
www.sheflug.org.uk

Kevin Krammer 12-02-2007 04:51 PM

On Sunday 02 December 2007, Richard Ibbotson wrote:
> Hello there
>
> I've got a minor bug in Kmail 1.9.7. *KDE 3.5.8 and Etch stable. *Was
> wondering whether someone could help me out.
>
> http://download.tuxfamily.org/emiscabpo/kde358-bpo
>
> If I 'cd' to....
>
> /home/user/.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail/inbox/cur#
>
> and do 'ls -a' there is nothing in this folder or in tmp or new. But,
> when I open Kmail there is a message entitled "Unknown" with no
> subject which cannot be deleted by Kmail. *Perhaps this is something
> to do with a lockfile of some sort ?

Most likely an out-of-sync index file.

If you display hidden file, there should be .inbox.index and related files.

Make sure KMail is not running and then delete the index files. KMail will
create new ones on startup.

Cheers,
Kevin

Richard Ibbotson 12-03-2007 03:36 PM

Kmail does Something Strange

Hi there

> I've got a minor bug in Kmail 1.9.7. KDE 3.5.8 and Etch stable.
> Was wondering whether someone could help me out.

Ignore this. I've had a mail delivery problem for a day or two.
Everything is working fine now.

Thanks ever so much

--
Richard