-   -   davmail ITP status update ( ITP: davmail) (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-java/700736-davmail-itp-status-update-itp-davmail.html)

Alexandre Rossi 09-05-2012 10:11 AM

davmail ITP status update ( ITP: davmail)

Hi,

> I see that libjackrabbit-java is now in Debian. How are you getting on
> with libhtmlcleaner-java and, more pertinently davmail packaging?

I have a working package using Debian libraries instead of embedded ones :
- http://sousmonlit.dyndns.org/~niol/apt/pool/main/libh/libhtmlcleaner-java/libhtmlcleaner-java_2.2-1~pre+1.dsc
- http://sousmonlit.dyndns.org/~niol/apt/pool/main/d/davmail/davmail_3.9.9-1976-1~pre+1.dsc

I tested it as server and as desktop application that sits in the
tray. I tested only imap and smtp without SSL for the moment.

I have a few open issues on the packaging, but they are mostly easy to
fix, I just need advice :
- Include in pkg-java Git on alioth? guidance?
- Should I repack upstream source to get rid of embedded jars and dll
or should I finish debian/copyright in order to document all licenses?
I'm aware of the recent discussion about this on -devel, but I'm not
sure about the outcome.
- Should I keep debian/patches/base64-enc-dec which includes source
from javamail or should I complete javamail ITP and depend on javamail
instead of gnumail?
- How should I handle ~/davmail.log which get created when davmail is
run as a normal easier (desktop use)?
- And I'll be seeking a sponsor.

Any comment will be welcome. Thanks for reading,

Alex

Niels Thykier 09-15-2012 08:04 AM

On 2012-09-05 12:11, Alexandre Rossi wrote:
> Hi,

Hi,

>> I see that libjackrabbit-java is now in Debian. How are you getting on
>> with libhtmlcleaner-java and, more pertinently davmail packaging?
>
> I have a working package using Debian libraries instead of embedded ones :
> - http://sousmonlit.dyndns.org/~niol/apt/pool/main/libh/libhtmlcleaner-java/libhtmlcleaner-java_2.2-1~pre+1.dsc
> - http://sousmonlit.dyndns.org/~niol/apt/pool/main/d/davmail/davmail_3.9.9-1976-1~pre+1.dsc
>
> I tested it as server and as desktop application that sits in the
> tray. I tested only imap and smtp without SSL for the moment.
>
> I have a few open issues on the packaging, but they are mostly easy to
> fix, I just need advice :
> - Include in pkg-java Git on alioth? guidance?

Git or Svn. Thomas Koch might be able to help you with Git. At least
he offered to migrate Svn repositories to Git back in May[0].
Otherwise, debian-mentors (or IRC #debian-mentors) usually have plenty
of people willing to help.

For Git it is my experience that we have a copy of the unpacked upstream
source in the repository. For Svn we tend to only have to debian dir
(known exception for native packages).

> - Should I repack upstream source to get rid of embedded jars and dll
> or should I finish debian/copyright in order to document all licenses?
> I'm aware of the recent discussion about this on -devel, but I'm not
> sure about the outcome.

If you are in doubt, I would recommend removing the embedded stuff.
Especially if you have to repack the file anyway (e.g. if the upstream
sources come in a zip or jar file)

> - Should I keep debian/patches/base64-enc-dec which includes source
> from javamail or should I complete javamail ITP and depend on javamail
> instead of gnumail?

If it is a part of javamail and davmail does not use it directly, then I
would say package javamail (or patch gnumail). Though if not, then I am
not sure what the best choice is here.

> - How should I handle ~/davmail.log which get created when davmail is
> run as a normal easier (desktop use)?

s/easier/user/? Anyway, as I recall it is not a major problem. But if
it is, it can always be fixed with a patch.

> - And I'll be seeking a sponsor.
>
> Any comment will be welcome. Thanks for reading,
>
> Alex

I haven't examined the package and I am not sure I can spend the time
right now. Anyway, when/if the packages are ready, please send an "RFS"
email to d-java. Hopefully someone will pick it up.

~Niels

[0] https://lists.debian.org/debian-java/2012/05/msg00031.html

Alexandre Rossi 10-01-2012 01:15 PM

davmail ITP status update ( ITP: davmail)

Hi,

Just a quick update on this ITP.

I packaged the latest upstream.
http://sousmonlit.incube.tk/~niol/apt/pool/main/d/davmail/davmail_4.1.0-2042-1~pre+1.dsc

(no change for htmlcleaner :
http://sousmonlit.incube.tk/~niol/apt/pool/main/libh/libhtmlcleaner-java/libhtmlcleaner-java_2.2-1~pre+1.dsc
)

Fixes in detail are available on alioth :
- http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-java/davmail.git;a=summary
- http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-java/libhtmlcleaner-java.git;a=summary

I'll be seeking sponsorship when wheezy is realeased, but any feedback
before that will be welcome.

Alex

Geert Stappers 10-01-2012 04:42 PM

On Mon, Oct 01, 2012 at 03:15:42PM +0200, Alexandre Rossi wrote:

> I'll be seeking sponsorship when wheezy is realeased,

I want to be that sponsor.

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--
> And is there a policy on top-posting vs. bottom-posting?
Yes.