-   -   Visualvm (GPL monitoring and performance analysis tool for the jvm) in debian (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-java/695813-visualvm-gpl-monitoring-performance-analysis-tool-jvm-debian.html)

Damien Raude-Morvan 08-20-2012 09:52 AM

Visualvm (GPL monitoring and performance analysis tool for the jvm) in debian

Hi Cédric,

Le 17/08/2012 16:42, Cédric Pineau a écrit :

I got a request
(http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=676877) to add the
jvisualvm provided via java-package generated packages in the PATH.
I'd prefer to make the visualvm available on its own in debian
(jvisualvm being a oracle promoted stable and tested release of visualvm)

Matthias Klose has worked on it for ubuntu
(http://packages.ubuntu.com/lucid/visualvm), but the two last realease
haven't been packaged yet.
Matthias if you read me, could I point me to your work on this ?

From changelog [1], it seems that Aditya Vaidya is handling package
updates since May 2012. Maybe you can contact him and convince him to
work in debian pkg-java team to upload visualvm to Debian archive ?

I haven't found a clear repository but current ubuntu packaging (ie
repository extracted from package uploaded) is here [2].

[1] https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/visualvm/+changelog
[2] https://code.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/visualvm