Old 07-22-2012, 11:25 PM
Andrew Ross

Default RFS: libjna-java

Dear Debian Java Team members,

I am looking for a sponsor for my update to the package libjna-java.
This is already in Debian - the update fixes an outstanding bug,
and provides an update to the latest upstream release.

The changelog is as follows:

libjna-java (3.4.1-1) unstable; urgency=low

* New upstream release.
* Refresh patches.
* Bump standards version (no changes required).
* Link javadoc to default-jdk API
* Remove Michael Koch <konqueror@gmx.de> from uploaders
(Closes: #654084).
* Use hardening-wrapper to correct lintian warnings.
* Update d/watch for new upstream location

-- Andrew Ross <ubuntu@rossfamily.co.uk> Sun, 22 Jul 2012 21:40:29 +0100

I've uploaded the changes to the Debian Java git repository at:
Vcs-Git: git://git.debian.org/pkg-java/libjna-java.git
Vcs-Browser: http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-java/libjna-java.git;a=summary

Thanks,
Andy Ross

Old 07-26-2012, 10:17 AM
Niels Thykier

On 2012-07-23 01:25, Andrew Ross wrote:
> Dear Debian Java Team members,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my update to the package libjna-java.
> This is already in Debian - the update fixes an outstanding bug,
> and provides an update to the latest upstream release.
>
> The changelog is as follows:
>
> libjna-java (3.4.1-1) unstable; urgency=low
>
> * New upstream release.
> * Refresh patches.
> * Bump standards version (no changes required).
> * Link javadoc to default-jdk API
> * Remove Michael Koch <konqueror@gmx.de> from uploaders
> (Closes: #654084).
> * Use hardening-wrapper to correct lintian warnings.
> * Update d/watch for new upstream location
>
> -- Andrew Ross <ubuntu@rossfamily.co.uk> Sun, 22 Jul 2012 21:40:29 +0100
>

> I've uploaded the changes to the Debian Java git repository at:
> Vcs-Git: git://git.debian.org/pkg-java/libjna-java.git
> Vcs-Browser: http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-java/libjna-java.git;a=summary

> Thanks,
> Andy Ross

Hi,

What does the full source debdiff look like? At this point I am a bit
concerned about uploading a new version of something with new features
in it to unstable. Do all the changes in the package satisfy the freeze
policy[1]?

~Niels

[1] http://release.debian.org/wheezy/freeze_policy.html

Old 07-26-2012, 11:52 PM
Andrew Ross

[...]

Hi Niels,

Sorry, I forgot about that. I think we should leave this one for now as
I've looked and there are some fairly major changes. I'll request
sponsorship again after the release of Wheezy.

Thanks,
Andy

Old 07-27-2012, 11:15 AM
Andrey Ponomarenko

[...]

Hello,

I've loaded JNA library to the upstream tracker, so one can view pkgdiff
and japi-compliance-checker reports for different versions of this
library here: http://upstream-tracker.org/java/versions/jna.html

--
Andrey Ponomarenko, ROSA Lab.