-   -   Eclipse 3.8.0 RC2 for Debian experimental (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-java/671613-eclipse-3-8-0-rc2-debian-experimental.html)

Jakub Adam 05-27-2012 03:18 PM

Eclipse 3.8.0 RC2 for Debian experimental

Hi Niels,

here are the last steps needed to make Eclipse 3.8 compile:

1. junit4[1] jar manifest must be updated, I issued separate RFS for this upload.

2. I prepared swt-gtk 3.8 RC2 for upload[4].

BTW I noticed that you didn't include this commit[2] into master-3.8 branch.
Is this intentional? If so, you should probably remove its mention from the
changelog.

3. Now it should be possible to build eclipse 3.8.0~rc2[3]

[1] http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/pkg-java/trunk/junit4/
[2] http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-java/swt-gtk.git;a=commit;h=3f7e663232eea4660a1cdf89e4abc59 3c1faeddb
[3] http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-java/eclipse.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/master-3.8
[4] http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-java/swt-gtk.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/master-3.8

Niels Thykier 05-29-2012 04:41 PM

On 2012-05-27 17:18, Jakub Adam wrote:
> Hi Niels,
>
> here are the last steps needed to make Eclipse 3.8 compile:
>
> 1. junit4[1] jar manifest must be updated, I issued separate RFS for
> this upload.

Already uploaded I see. :)

> 2. I prepared swt-gtk 3.8 RC2 for upload[4].
>
> BTW I noticed that you didn't include this commit[2] into master-3.8
> branch.
> Is this intentional? If so, you should probably remove its mention
> from the
> changelog.

A bit of "git cherry-pick" fail on my part. Fixed now and uploaded.

> 3. Now it should be possible to build eclipse 3.8.0~rc2[3]
>
> [...]

FTBFS twice in a row (see attachment). I also noticed a NPE in the
first build (see the other attactment) - though it didn't stop the build
and the debs appears to have sane content, so meh.

There are also a couple of "old suspects" showing up in the source that
I fair confident shouldn't be there.

./eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.jdt.ui/jar-in-jar-loader.zip [1]
./eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.swt/components/external.xpt [1]
./eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.platform/3_1SplashPsd.zip [2]
./eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.platform/3_6SplashHeliosPsd.zip [2]

~Niels

[1] I believe upstream has accepted patches for these to regenerate them
when they are missing.

[2] Removal should not affect build or install contents.

dpkg-source -b eclipse
dpkg-source: info: using options from eclipse/debian/source/local-options: --unapply-patches
dpkg-source: info: using source format `3.0 (quilt)'
dpkg-source: info: building eclipse using existing ./eclipse_3.8.0~rc2.orig.tar.xz
dpkg-source: error: cannot represent change to eclipse/bootstrap/configuration/org.eclipse.update/last.config.stamp: binary file contents changed
dpkg-source: error: add bootstrap/configuration/org.eclipse.update/last.config.stamp in debian/source/include-binaries if you want to store the modified binary in the debian tarball
dpkg-source: error: cannot represent change to eclipse/bootstrap/environment/ee.minimum.jar: binary file contents changed
dpkg-source: error: add bootstrap/environment/ee.minimum.jar in debian/source/include-binaries if you want to store the modified binary in the debian tarball
dpkg-source: error: unrepresentable changes to source
dpkg-buildpackage: error: dpkg-source -b eclipse gave error exit status 2
run.installed.director.uninstall:
[exec] Uninstalling org.eclipse.equinox.initializer 1.0.0.dist.
[exec] !SESSION 2012-05-29 16:07:06.468 -----------------------------------------------
[exec] eclipse.buildId=I20120502-2000
[exec] java.version=1.6.0_24
[exec] java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
[exec] BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86_64, WS=gtk, NL=en_US
[exec] Framework arguments: -application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director -flavor tooling -uninstallIU org.eclipse.equinox.initializer -profile PlatformProfile -destination <BUILDDIR>/debian/eclipse/eclipse/debian/tmp/usr/lib/eclipse -p2.os linux -p2.ws gtk -p2.arch x86_64 -metadatarepository file:<BUILDDIR>/debian/eclipse/eclipse/debian/tmp/usr/lib/eclipse -artifactrepository file:<BUILDDIR>/debian/eclipse/eclipse/debian/tmp/usr/lib/eclipse -purgeHistory
[exec] Command-line arguments: -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86_64 -consoleLog -data <BUILDDIR>/debian/eclipse/eclipse/buildworkspace -application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director -flavor tooling -uninstallIU org.eclipse.equinox.initializer -profile PlatformProfile -destination <BUILDDIR>/debian/eclipse/eclipse/debian/tmp/usr/lib/eclipse -p2.os linux -p2.ws gtk -p2.arch x86_64 -metadatarepository file:<BUILDDIR>/debian/eclipse/eclipse/debian/tmp/usr/lib/eclipse -artifactrepository file:<BUILDDIR>/debian/eclipse/eclipse/debian/tmp/usr/lib/eclipse -purgeHistory
[exec]
[exec] !ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.p2.core 4 0 2012-05-29 16:07:08.484
[exec] !MESSAGE Exception during event notification
[exec] !STACK 0
[exec] java.lang.NullPointerException
[exec] at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.director.app.Direc torApplication.notify(DirectorApplication.java:653 )
[exec] at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.core.ProvisioningE ventBus.dispatchEvent(ProvisioningEventBus.java:10 8)
[exec] at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.core.ProvisioningE ventBus.dispatchEvent(ProvisioningEventBus.java:1)
[exec] at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.d ispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)
[exec] at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$E ventThread.run(EventManager.java:340)
[exec] Operation completed in 2853 ms.
[exec] sending incremental file list

Jakub Adam 06-20-2012 08:41 PM

Eclipse 3.8.0 RC2 for Debian experimental

Hi Niels,

I updated eclipse and swt-gtk in git to 3.8.0 RC4. According to upstream plan [1]
this version should be made a final release on June 27th if no critical bug is found.

Regards,

Jakub

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Juno/Final_Daze#Final_Build_6.2F13_--_end_of_RC4

Niels Thykier 06-21-2012 08:29 AM

On 2012-06-20 22:41, Jakub Adam wrote:
> Hi Niels,
>
> I updated eclipse and swt-gtk in git to 3.8.0 RC4. According to upstream
> plan [1]
> this version should be made a final release on June 27th if no critical
> bug is found.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jakub
>
> [1]
> http://wiki.eclipse.org/Juno/Final_Daze#Final_Build_6.2F13_--_end_of_RC4

Hi,

Thanks for the heads up. I had a look at the changes and most of it
appears to be just documentation updates. I suspect that is a good sign
:), but I will stall the upload till the buildds have had time to
process the current upload (still waiting for ppc, mips{,el}).
Hopefully they will build fine, but armhf already failed to an
internal error in OpenJDK (#678297)...

~Niels

Jakub Adam 06-21-2012 10:20 PM