Old 05-04-2012, 10:08 AM
Jeff Williams

Default Building cassandra with oracle java

Hi,
I am trying to build the cassandra package from:
deb-src http://www.apache.org/dist/cassandra/debian 11x main
I have the oracle-j2sdk1.6 installed, but it does not appear to meet the build dependency of*java6-sdk. Should oracle-j2sdk1.6 provide java6-sdk? Or should the cassandra package depend on something else?
Regards,Jeff

Jeff Williams
Operations Manager Aspiro Music / WiMP
Mobile +47 97 72 74 07
jeff.williams@aspiro.com

Aspiro Music AS
Øvre Slottsgate 25, P.O. Box 8710 Youngstorget, N-0028 Oslo
Tel +47*452 86 900, fax +47 22 37 36 59
www.aspiro.com/music

Old 05-04-2012, 02:35 PM
tony mancill

On 05/04/2012 03:08 AM, Jeff Williams wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to build the cassandra package from:
>
> deb-src http://www.apache.org/dist/cassandra/debian 11x main
>
> I have the oracle-j2sdk1.6 installed, but it does not appear to meet the
> build dependency of java6-sdk. Should oracle-j2sdk1.6 provide java6-sdk?
> Or should the cassandra package depend on something else?
>
> Regards,
> Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I'm not familiar with the cassandra package, but you should take a look
at the "equivs" package. You can use this to create a package that will
allow your oracle-j2sdk1.6 to provide whatever the cassandra packages
needs dependency-wise.

Cheers,
tony