Old 04-16-2012, 04:35 PM
Mathieu Malaterre

Default libquartz-java v2 has incomptabilities with previous version

[CC me please]

Dead Java-gurus,

* Could someone please let me know how can I check whether or not a
java jar is compatible with a past version ?

* Apparently libquartz-java 2.x is not compatible with 1.x version. Am
I reading the following correctly:

http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.quartz-scheduler/quartz

* Shouldn't all version ve compatible ?

Thanks !

--
Mathieu

Old 04-16-2012, 04:47 PM
Emmanuel Bourg

They released a version 2.0 that is binary incompatible and shares the
same package name and the same Maven artifact, that was a very poor
decision.

Building a libquartz2-java package for Debian is probably a sensible choice.

Emmanuel Bourg

Old 04-17-2012, 07:23 AM
Mathieu Malaterre

Thanks for the notice. I filled a serious bug against libquartz-java
to prevent migration to testing. I also filled a bug against
ftp.debian.org to remove the package from unstable.

I'll try to fix my mess this week.

Thanks everyone for the quick help.

Mathieu

Old 04-17-2012, 07:34 AM
olivier sallou

* Could someone please let me know how can I check whether or not a

java jar is compatible with a past version ?

* Apparently libquartz-java 2.x is not compatible with 1.x version. Am

I reading the following correctly:

http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.quartz-scheduler/quartz

* Shouldn't all version ve compatible ?

You can find migration info in upstream site only...http://quartz-scheduler.org/documentation/quartz-2.x/migration-guide

But even backward compatibiliy jar file provided with new version does not solve all issues. And it also requires additional jar files in the path (the backward one and slf4j-api too).

Olivier
*

Old 04-26-2012, 09:05 AM
Andrey Ponomarenko

Hello,

Mathieu Malaterre wrote:

[CC me please]

Dead Java-gurus,

Could someone please let me know how can I check whether or not a
java jar is compatible with a past version ?

1. Download Java ACC tool:
https://github.com/lvc/japi-compliance-checker/downloads/

2. Install: sudo perl Makefile.pl -install --prefix=/usr
3. Run: japi-compliance-checker -old OLD.jar -new NEW.jar

See http://ispras.linuxbase.org/index.php/Java_API_Compliance_Checker
for more info.

Another way is to ask to add the library to the
http://upstream-tracker.org/java/

See http://upstream-tracker.org/java/versions/quartz.html

[...]

Andrey Ponomarenko, ROSA Lab.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:21 AM
Mathieu Malaterre

Andrey ,

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 11:05 AM, Andrey Ponomarenko
<aponomarenko@rosalab.ru> wrote:
> See http://upstream-tracker.org/java/versions/quartz.html

Ok, then. I need a little training here. How can one parse this beasty
table to deduce:

- updating 1.6.6 to 1.7.3 is ok (see past uploads)
- updating 1.7.3 to 2.1.4 is not ok

Thanks much

-M

Old 05-05-2012, 11:32 AM