Old 04-09-2012, 09:29 PM
Jakub Adam

Default RFS: glassfish 1:2.1.1-b31g-2 (add maven artifacts for jmac-api + bump S-V)

Dear java packagers,

I am looking for a sponsor for package "glassfish".

* Package name : glassfish
Version : 1:2.1.1-b31g-2
Upstream Author : Sun Microsystems, Inc.
* License : GPLv2
Section : java

It builds those binary packages:

glassfish-activation - activation part of GlassFish
glassfish-appserv - Application Server components of GlassFish
glassfish-jmac-api - Jmac API components of GlassFish
glassfish-mail - Java Mail components of GlassFish
glassfish-javaee - Java EE 5 Reference Implementation components of GlassFish
glassfish-toplink-essentials - Toplink Essentials components of GlassFish

Packaging files can be accessed at pkg-java svn repository:

http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/pkg-java/trunk/glassfish/

This version installs Jmac API artifacts into maven-repo, so that the library can
be a dependency of packages using Maven for build.

Also Standards-Version was upgraded to 3.9.3.

Kind regards,

Jakub Adam

Old 04-10-2012, 04:16 PM
tony mancill

[...]

Hello Jakub,

I notice that the new version of the package installs the
jmac-api-2.1.jar into /usr/share/maven-repo/.../ instead of
/usr/share/java and then creates a symlink in
/usj/glassfish-jmac-api.jar to it. In the previous version of the
package, the glassfish-jmac-api-2.1.1-b31g.jar was in /usj.

Is the move intentional?

Thank you,
tony

Old 04-10-2012, 08:30 PM
Jakub Adam

Hi Tony,

I notice that the new version of the package installs the jmac-api-2.1.jar into /usr/share/maven-repo/.../ instead of
/usr/share/java and then creates a symlink in /usj/glassfish-jmac-api.jar to it. In the previous version of the package,
the glassfish-jmac-api-2.1.1-b31g.jar was in /usj.

Is the move intentional?

It was not really my intention, but the result is consistent with the other packages created from glassfish source,
see glassfish-activation[1] for example, also installs jar into maven repo.

Moreover, creating just a symlink in /usj seems to be in accordance with Debian Maven Repo Specification[2]:

Artifacts MUST be installed into $REPO/$GROUPID/$ARTIFACTID/$VERSION/ where $GROUPID is the result
of groupId.replace( '.', '/' ). The pom.xml files MUST be installed as $ARTIFACTID-$VERSION.pom
and jar files as $ARTIFACTID-$VERSION.jar. A unversioned symlink $ARTIFACTID.jar to the jar file
SHOULD be installed into /usr/share/java/.

Let me know if you see any problem in this.

Regards,

Jakub

[1] http://packages.debian.org/sid/glassfish-activation
[2] http://wiki.debian.org/Java/MavenRepoSpec