Old 04-09-2012, 01:56 PM
Mathieu Malaterre

Default No usr/share/java symlink for maven

I was able to upload a java package where the .jar is not located from
usr/share/java:

http://packages.debian.org/sid/all/libjoda-convert-java/filelist

It did not trigger any lintian warning. Does it make sense to report a
bug to lintian ?

Thanks,

-M

Old 04-09-2012, 02:03 PM
Niels Thykier

On 2012-04-09 15:56, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> I was able to upload a java package where the .jar is not located from
> usr/share/java:
>
> http://packages.debian.org/sid/all/libjoda-convert-java/filelist
>
> It did not trigger any lintian warning. Does it make sense to report a
> bug to lintian ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -M

Lintian does complain... with -I / --display-info.

$ lintian --tags javalib-but-no-public-jars
libjoda-convert-java_1.2-1_all.deb
I: libjoda-convert-java: javalib-but-no-public-jars

~Niels