Old 04-04-2012, 05:33 PM
Mathieu Malaterre

Default maven artefact / junit:junit:jar:debian

Hi all,

I am trying to build the joda-convert package (see pkg-java svn). I
used mh_make to generate the skeleton files. However the package still
fails with:

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
----------
1) junit:junit:jar:debian

Then, install it using the command:
mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=junit -DartifactId=junit
-Dversion=debian -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there:
mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=junit -DartifactId=junit
-Dversion=debian -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url]
-DrepositoryId=[id]

Path to dependency:
1) org.joda:joda-convert:jar:1.2
2) junit:junit:jar:debian

1 required artifact is missing.

for artifact:
org.joda:joda-convert:jar:1.2

from the specified remote repositories:
central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

I have been trying to find a solution to this issue however I fail to
understand how this thing works. Any hint very welcome !

Thanks