Old 04-04-2012, 03:54 PM
Mathieu Malaterre

Default joda-time 2.1 ?

[CC me please]

Hi there,

I need to update joda-time to 2.1 to be able to compile netcdf-java.
However looking at the webpages it says:

Release 1.6.2 is the previous release. It is compatible with JDK 1.4.
Given that v2.x is essentially compatible with v1.6.2, there are no
current plans for further releases in the v1.x product line.

Should I assume 1.x and 2.x are incompatible and prepare directly a
libjoda-time2-java package or is there a change to upload it as
libjoda-time-java ?

Thanks for comments,

Old 04-04-2012, 04:12 PM
Emmanuel Bourg

The 1.6.2 and 2.1 releases have the same Maven groupId+artifactId, they
should be binary compatible. That's consistent with the message you quoted.

So the existing Debian package should be updated.

Emmanuel Bourg

Old 04-05-2012, 06:38 AM
Andrey Ponomarenko

Hi,

Mathieu Malaterre wrote:

[CC me please]

Hi there,

I need to update joda-time to 2.1 to be able to compile netcdf-java.
However looking at the webpages it says:

Release 1.6.2 is the previous release. It is compatible with JDK 1.4.
Given that v2.x is essentially compatible with v1.6.2, there are no
current plans for further releases in the v1.x product line.

Should I assume 1.x and 2.x are incompatible and prepare directly a
libjoda-time2-java package or is there a change to upload it as
libjoda-time-java ?

See this compatibility report:
http://upstream-tracker.org/java/versions/joda-time.html

Thanks for comments,

--
Andrey Ponomarenko, ROSA Lab.

Old 04-05-2012, 06:54 AM
Mathieu Malaterre

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 8:38 AM, Andrey Ponomarenko
<aponomarenko@rosalab.ru> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
>>
>> [CC me please]
>>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> * I need to update joda-time to 2.1 to be able to compile netcdf-java.
>> However looking at the webpages it says:

>> Release 1.6.2 is the previous release. It is compatible with JDK 1.4.
>> Given that v2.x is essentially compatible with v1.6.2, there are no
>> current plans for further releases in the v1.x product line.
>>
>> * Should I assume 1.x and 2.x are incompatible and prepare directly a
>> libjoda-time2-java package or is there a change to upload it as
>> libjoda-time-java ?
>

> See this compatibility report:
> http://upstream-tracker.org/java/versions/joda-time.html

Thanks all for the comments. I am working on joda-time 2.1 asap. I did
upload its dep first:

http://ftp-master.debian.org/new/joda-convert_1.2-1.html

-M