-   -   joda-time 2.1 ? (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-java/652637-joda-time-2-1-a.html)

Mathieu Malaterre 04-04-2012 03:54 PM

joda-time 2.1 ?

[CC me please]

Hi there,

I need to update joda-time to 2.1 to be able to compile netcdf-java.
However looking at the webpages it says:

Release 1.6.2 is the previous release. It is compatible with JDK 1.4.
Given that v2.x is essentially compatible with v1.6.2, there are no
current plans for further releases in the v1.x product line.

Should I assume 1.x and 2.x are incompatible and prepare directly a
libjoda-time2-java package or is there a change to upload it as
libjoda-time-java ?

Thanks for comments,

Emmanuel Bourg 04-04-2012 04:12 PM

joda-time 2.1 ?

The 1.6.2 and 2.1 releases have the same Maven groupId+artifactId, they
should be binary compatible. That's consistent with the message you quoted.

So the existing Debian package should be updated.

Emmanuel Bourg

Andrey Ponomarenko 04-05-2012 06:38 AM

joda-time 2.1 ?

Hi,

Mathieu Malaterre wrote:

[CC me please]

Hi there,

I need to update joda-time to 2.1 to be able to compile netcdf-java.
However looking at the webpages it says:

Release 1.6.2 is the previous release. It is compatible with JDK 1.4.
Given that v2.x is essentially compatible with v1.6.2, there are no
current plans for further releases in the v1.x product line.

Should I assume 1.x and 2.x are incompatible and prepare directly a
libjoda-time2-java package or is there a change to upload it as
libjoda-time-java ?

See this compatibility report:
http://upstream-tracker.org/java/versions/joda-time.html

Thanks for comments,

--
Andrey Ponomarenko, ROSA Lab.

Mathieu Malaterre 04-05-2012 06:54 AM

joda-time 2.1 ?

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 8:38 AM, Andrey Ponomarenko
<aponomarenko@rosalab.ru> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
>>
>> [CC me please]
>>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> * I need to update joda-time to 2.1 to be able to compile netcdf-java.
>> However looking at the webpages it says:

>> Release 1.6.2 is the previous release. It is compatible with JDK 1.4.
>> Given that v2.x is essentially compatible with v1.6.2, there are no
>> current plans for further releases in the v1.x product line.
>>
>> * Should I assume 1.x and 2.x are incompatible and prepare directly a
>> libjoda-time2-java package or is there a change to upload it as
>> libjoda-time-java ?
>

> See this compatibility report:
> http://upstream-tracker.org/java/versions/joda-time.html

Thanks all for the comments. I am working on joda-time 2.1 asap. I did
upload its dep first:

http://ftp-master.debian.org/new/joda-convert_1.2-1.html

-M