Old 04-03-2012, 12:54 PM
Niels Thykier

Default RFS: jsoup 1.6.1-3 (maven => No-ITS)

On 2012-03-26 23:52, Jakub Adam wrote:
> Dear java packagers,

Hi,

Thanks for your work here.

I will not sponsor this package as it uses maven and is therefore beyond
what I am comfortable with sponsoring.

> I am looking for a sponsor for package "jsoup".
>
> [...]
>
> It builds those binary packages:
>
> libjsoup-java - Java HTML parser that makes sense of real-world HTML soup
> libjsoup-java-doc - Documentation for jsoup HTML Parser
>
> I let maven-bundle-plugin generate OSGi metadata for JAR library (new
> dependency
> of eclipse-mylyn 3.7.0), updated Standards-Version and fixed some
> lintian warnings.
>
> Package source can be accessed at pkg-java git repository:
>
> http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-java/jsoup.git

> [...]
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Jakub Adam
>
> [1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=665799

I did a minor review (without building it nor running Lintian) it
appears to be looking good. I noticed Torsten Werner's copyright
statement in d/copyright was a bit off and fixed that (pushed to git).

I am not too happy with upstream's lack of copyright headers in the
source files and some of the articles in the test suite appears to be
"real" with their own copyright statements - fun and possibly
non-distributable[1]. It seems to predate your changes, so I will file
a bug for this.

The watch file appears to be working rather well. At least reports a
newer version (1.6.2).

~Niels

[1] src/test/resources/htmltests/yahoo-article-1.html:

"""
Copyright © 2010 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
Republication or redistribution of Reuters content is expressly
prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters. Reuters shall
not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any
actions taken in reliance thereon.
"""