Old 03-29-2012, 09:47 PM
Jakub Adam

Default RFS: httpcomponents-client 4.1.1-2 (add OSGi metadata + maintenance)

Dear java packagers,

I am looking for a sponsor for package "httpcomponents-client".

* Package name : httpcomponents-client
Version : 4.1.1-2
Upstream Author : Apache Software Foundation
* License : Apache-2.0
Section : java

It builds those binary packages:

libhttpclient-java - HTTP/1.1 compliant HTTP agent implementation
libhttpmime-java - HTTP/1.1 compliant HTTP agent implementation - mime4j extension

I let maven-bundle-plugin generate OSGi metadata for JAR library (new dependency
of eclipse-mylyn 3.7.0), updated Standards-Version and fixed some lintian warnings.

Package source can be accessed at pkg-java git repository:

http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-java/httpcomponents-client.git

Kind regards,

Jakub Adam

Old 04-03-2012, 09:31 AM
Niels Thykier

On 2012-03-29 23:47, Jakub Adam wrote:
> Dear java packagers,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for package "httpcomponents-client".
>
> * Package name : httpcomponents-client
> Version : 4.1.1-2
> Upstream Author : Apache Software Foundation
> * License : Apache-2.0
> Section : java
>
> It builds those binary packages:
>
> libhttpclient-java - HTTP/1.1 compliant HTTP agent implementation
> libhttpmime-java - HTTP/1.1 compliant HTTP agent implementation -
> mime4j extension
>
> I let maven-bundle-plugin generate OSGi metadata for JAR library (new
> dependency
> of eclipse-mylyn 3.7.0), updated Standards-Version and fixed some
> lintian warnings.
>
> Package source can be accessed at pkg-java git repository:
>
> http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-java/httpcomponents-client.git

> Kind regards,
>
> Jakub Adam

Hi,

Seems to been uploaded by Tony Mancill[1], so I guess this is done.

~Niels

[1]
$ who-uploads httpcomponents-client -M1
Uploads for httpcomponents-client:
4.1.1-2 to unstable: tony mancill <tmancill@debian.org>

Old 04-04-2012, 04:05 PM
tony mancill

Hi Niels,

Sorry of that tripped you up. I have been thinking that responses to
RFS emails aren't terribly useful if the sponsored upload occurs
directly - meaning at the same time that the [SPONSORED] email would be
sent - given that most (all?) of the folks who can sponsor uploads are
also members of Java team and will be copied on the email that goes out
to pkg-java-maintainers. If it's going to take some time to sponsor an
upload, then I think an "ITS" response is appropriate.

However, maybe skipping the [SPONSORED] email is not conducive for
people who read the Java list via the archives?

Any thoughts?
Thank you,
tony

Old 04-05-2012, 01:16 PM
"Niels Thykier"

On Apr 4, 2012 18:05 "tony mancill" <tmancill@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi Niels,

Hi,

> Sorry of that tripped you up.

Not the least.

> I have been thinking that responses to
> RFS emails aren't terribly useful if the sponsored upload occurs
> directly - meaning at the same time that the [SPONSORED] email would
> be
> sent - given that most (all?) of the folks who can sponsor uploads are
> also members of Java team and will be copied on the email that goes
> out
> to pkg-java-maintainers. If it's going to take some time to sponsor
> an
> upload, then I think an "ITS" response is appropriate.
>
> However, maybe skipping the [SPONSORED] email is not conducive for
> people who read the Java list via the archives?

That is actually one of the reasons I prefer adding follow ups. A new
person might read the lists first and if he/she sees a lot of "unanswered"
RFS, then we just look like we can never bother to reply people.

The second reason is that it makes it easier for me to see/remember
which of the RFSs have received attention (d-java and pkg-java ends
in different mail folders on my end).

> Any thoughts?
> Thank you,
> tony