FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian Java

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 02-29-2012, 06:45 AM
Andreas Tille
 
Default Help: Bug#661659: libhmsbeagle: FTBFS on kfreebsd

Hi,

any hint whether this is rather a problem of JDK on BSD?

I personally do not have any idea how to handle this.

Kind regards

Andreas.


On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 12:36:21AM +0100, Julien Cristau wrote:
> Source: libhmsbeagle
> Version: 1.0-4
> Severity: serious
> Justification: fails to build from source
>
> See the build logs at
> https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=libhmsbeagle
>
> Excerpt from the log:
> > [javac] 4. ERROR in /build/buildd-libhmsbeagle_1.0-4-kfreebsd-amd64-z1XXfw/libhmsbeagle-1.0/java/beagle/FourStateBeagleImpl.java (at line 137)
> > [javac] exponent |= Math.abs(Math.getExponent(partials3[u]));
> > [javac] ^^^^^^^^^^^
> > [javac] The method getExponent(double) is undefined for the type Math
>
> Cheers,
> Julien



> _______________________________________________
> Debian-med-packaging mailing list
> Debian-med-packaging@lists.alioth.debian.org
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/debian-med-packaging


--
http://fam-tille.de


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-java-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20120229074505.GB11775@an3as.eu">http://lists.debian.org/20120229074505.GB11775@an3as.eu
 
Old 02-29-2012, 11:25 AM
Xerxes Rånby
 
Default Help: Bug#661659: libhmsbeagle: FTBFS on kfreebsd

2012-02-29 08:45, Andreas Tille skrev:
> Hi,
>
> any hint whether this is rather a problem of JDK on BSD?
>
> I personally do not have any idea how to handle this.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Andreas.
>
>

I think you "simply" meed to use a javase 6 compatible jvm and classlibrary to compile this code.
The Math.getExponent got added in JDK6. OpenJDK6 can compile this fine.
http://binkley.blogspot.com/2005/12/new-math-functions-in-jdk6.html

Which jvm/classlibrary do you use to build this package on kfreebsd?

> On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 12:36:21AM +0100, Julien Cristau wrote:
>> Source: libhmsbeagle
>> Version: 1.0-4
>> Severity: serious
>> Justification: fails to build from source
>>
>> See the build logs at
>> https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=libhmsbeagle
>>
>> Excerpt from the log:
>>> [javac] 4. ERROR in /build/buildd-libhmsbeagle_1.0-4-kfreebsd-amd64-z1XXfw/libhmsbeagle-1.0/java/beagle/FourStateBeagleImpl.java (at line 137)
>>> [javac] exponent |= Math.abs(Math.getExponent(partials3[u]));
>>> [javac] ^^^^^^^^^^^
>>> [javac] The method getExponent(double) is undefined for the type Math
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Julien
>
>
>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Debian-med-packaging mailing list
>> Debian-med-packaging@lists.alioth.debian.org
>> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/debian-med-packaging
>
>


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-java-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 4F4E1931.8000601@zafena.se">http://lists.debian.org/4F4E1931.8000601@zafena.se
 
Old 02-29-2012, 11:33 AM
Andreas Tille
 
Default Help: Bug#661659: libhmsbeagle: FTBFS on kfreebsd

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 01:25:21PM +0100, Xerxes Rånby wrote:
> 2012-02-29 08:45, Andreas Tille skrev:
>
> I think you "simply" meed to use a javase 6 compatible jvm and classlibrary to compile this code.
> The Math.getExponent got added in JDK6. OpenJDK6 can compile this fine.
> http://binkley.blogspot.com/2005/12/new-math-functions-in-jdk6.html
>
> Which jvm/classlibrary do you use to build this package on kfreebsd?

I looked at

https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=libhmsbeagle&arch=kfreebsd-amd64&ver=1.0-4&stamp=1327501467

and found

...
Selecting previously unselected package gcj-4.6-jdk.
Unpacking gcj-4.6-jdk (from .../gcj-4.6-jdk_4.6.2-2_kfreebsd-amd64.deb) ...
Selecting previously unselected package gcj-jdk.
...

So do you think

Build-Depends: ..., openjdk

instead of current

Build-Depends: ..., default-jdk

would do the trick?

On the other hand: Is there any reason to stick to gcj as default-jdk for
any architecture?

Kind regards

Andreas.


> > On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 12:36:21AM +0100, Julien Cristau wrote:
> >> Source: libhmsbeagle
> >> Version: 1.0-4
> >> Severity: serious
> >> Justification: fails to build from source
> >>
> >> See the build logs at
> >> https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=libhmsbeagle
> >>
> >> Excerpt from the log:
> >>> [javac] 4. ERROR in /build/buildd-libhmsbeagle_1.0-4-kfreebsd-amd64-z1XXfw/libhmsbeagle-1.0/java/beagle/FourStateBeagleImpl.java (at line 137)
> >>> [javac] exponent |= Math.abs(Math.getExponent(partials3[u]));
> >>> [javac] ^^^^^^^^^^^
> >>> [javac] The method getExponent(double) is undefined for the type Math
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Julien
> >
> >
> >
> >> _______________________________________________
> >> Debian-med-packaging mailing list
> >> Debian-med-packaging@lists.alioth.debian.org
> >> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/debian-med-packaging
> >
> >
>
>

--
http://fam-tille.de


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-java-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20120229123341.GD11775@an3as.eu">http://lists.debian.org/20120229123341.GD11775@an3as.eu
 
Old 02-29-2012, 03:15 PM
Barry Hawkins
 
Default Help: Bug#661659: libhmsbeagle: FTBFS on kfreebsd

On 02/29/2012 07:33 AM, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 01:25:21PM +0100, Xerxes Rånby wrote:
>> 2012-02-29 08:45, Andreas Tille skrev:
>>
>> I think you "simply" meed to use a javase 6 compatible jvm and classlibrary to compile this code.
>> The Math.getExponent got added in JDK6. OpenJDK6 can compile this fine.
>> http://binkley.blogspot.com/2005/12/new-math-functions-in-jdk6.html
>>
>> Which jvm/classlibrary do you use to build this package on kfreebsd?
>
> I looked at
>
> https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=libhmsbeagle&arch=kfreebsd-amd64&ver=1.0-4&stamp=1327501467
>
> and found
>
> ...
> Selecting previously unselected package gcj-4.6-jdk.
> Unpacking gcj-4.6-jdk (from .../gcj-4.6-jdk_4.6.2-2_kfreebsd-amd64.deb) ...
> Selecting previously unselected package gcj-jdk.
> ...
>
> So do you think
>
> Build-Depends: ..., openjdk
>
> instead of current
>
> Build-Depends: ..., default-jdk
>
> would do the trick?
>
> On the other hand: Is there any reason to stick to gcj as default-jdk for
> any architecture?
>
> Kind regards
>
> Andreas.

That change should do the trick; there's no shortage of cases like this
where one must chase down loose ends that gcj has yet to cover.

While I heartily agree that default-jdk should favor OpenJDK options
over gcj, I've been out of the loop for a while and I'm not sure of the
situation with all the architectures and addressed by Debian and
OpenJDK's ability to build on each.

Regards,
--
Barry Hawkins


>>> On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 12:36:21AM +0100, Julien Cristau wrote:
>>>> Source: libhmsbeagle
>>>> Version: 1.0-4
>>>> Severity: serious
>>>> Justification: fails to build from source
>>>>
>>>> See the build logs at
>>>> https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=libhmsbeagle
>>>>
>>>> Excerpt from the log:
>>>>> [javac] 4. ERROR in /build/buildd-libhmsbeagle_1.0-4-kfreebsd-amd64-z1XXfw/libhmsbeagle-1.0/java/beagle/FourStateBeagleImpl.java (at line 137)
>>>>> [javac] exponent |= Math.abs(Math.getExponent(partials3[u]));
>>>>> [javac] ^^^^^^^^^^^
>>>>> [javac] The method getExponent(double) is undefined for the type Math
>>>>
>>>> Cheers,
>>>> Julien
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> Debian-med-packaging mailing list
>>>> Debian-med-packaging@lists.alioth.debian.org
>>>> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/debian-med-packaging


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-java-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 4F4E4F14.6030202@alltc.com">http://lists.debian.org/4F4E4F14.6030202@alltc.com
 
Old 03-02-2012, 08:04 PM
Robert Millan
 
Default Help: Bug#661659: libhmsbeagle: FTBFS on kfreebsd

El 29 de febrer de 2012 13:33, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> ha escrit:
> So do you think
>
> * Build-Depends: ..., openjdk
>
> instead of current
>
> * Build-Depends: ..., default-jdk
>
> would do the trick?

We don't have openjdk yet (AFAIK it's close, but still not there). If
you do that, you'll also have to make the package linux-any, at least
for the time being.

--
Robert Millan


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-java-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: CAOfDtXN1uEnaJjccReRGbzLCi=qMO0wA0b1CTjSaDCgSdZJ9E w@mail.gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/CAOfDtXN1uEnaJjccReRGbzLCi=qMO0wA0b1CTjSaDCgSdZJ9E w@mail.gmail.com
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 03:32 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org