Old 02-11-2012, 09:57 PM
Jakub Adam

Default RFS: jenkins-token-macro-plugin

Dear java packagers,

I am looking for a sponsor for package "jenkins-token-macro-plugin".

* Package name : jenkins-token-macro-plugin
Version : 1.5.1-1
Upstream Author : CloudBees, Inc
* License : MIT
Section : devel

It builds those binary packages:

libjenkins-token-macro-plugin-java - Jenkins Token Macro Plugin (Java artifacts)
jenkins-token-macro-plugin - Adds reusable macro expansion capability for other Jenkins plugins

Files can be accessed at pkg-java git repository:

http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-java/jenkins-token-macro-plugin.git

This package is a dependency of other Jenkins plugins, for example jenkins-git-plugin.

Kind regards,

Jakub Adam

Old 02-13-2012, 08:11 AM
James Page

Old 02-13-2012, 08:01 PM
Jakub Adam

Hi James,

I noticed that you had to patch in the source/target versions for the
compiler plugin - I'll work that into the next update on the Jenkins
plugin parent pom so its not required in future.

Thanks. My current target is to package git plugin. I have some of its other dependencies
in my pipeline, so I'll wait for your next update.

Still what bothers me a bit is the fact that created *.hpi files have libraries they depend on
bundled inside /WEB-INF/lib/ directories, so

a) the plugin archives are unnecessary huge
b) we are duplicating libraries in the system
c) whenever a library is updated, we have to rebuild and reupload the affected Jenkins plugin to
let it use this new version (probably the biggest drawback I see)

Have you already investigated a possibility if the plugins can reference jars installed
for example in /usr/share/java?

For now, as a first step, it's fine to have the libs bundled, but maybe in a longer term
something should be done with it.

Cheers

Jakub

Old 02-14-2012, 08:40 AM