Old 02-02-2012, 10:51 AM
Niels Thykier

Default Netbeans 7.1 on Ubuntu 12.04

On 2012-02-02 12:26, André Delorme wrote:
> Are you responsable in any way for the Netbeans package in Ubuntu?
> Is it possible for the version of netbeans on the next release of Ubuntu
> be the 7.1 of Netbeans?
> Thank you.

Hi,

While I am on the maintenance team of the Netbeans package, I am not
doing any maintenance on that package. However, I have forwarded your
mail to the Java list.

That being said, I suspect getting netbeans 7.1 into Ubuntu is pretty
much at a "last call"[1].

~Niels

[1] Feature freeze in 2 weeks from now.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PrecisePangolin/ReleaseSchedule

Old 02-09-2012, 07:27 PM
Andrew Ross

On 02/02/12 11:51, Niels Thykier wrote:
> On 2012-02-02 12:26, André Delorme wrote:
>> Are you responsable in any way for the Netbeans package in Ubuntu?
>> Is it possible for the version of netbeans on the next release of Ubuntu
>> be the 7.1 of Netbeans?
>> Thank you.
>
> Hi,
>
> While I am on the maintenance team of the Netbeans package, I am not
> doing any maintenance on that package. However, I have forwarded your
> mail to the Java list.
>
> That being said, I suspect getting netbeans 7.1 into Ubuntu is pretty
> much at a "last call"[1].
>
> ~Niels
>
> [1] Feature freeze in 2 weeks from now.
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PrecisePangolin/ReleaseSchedule

I created the current upload, and having looked at the new version
already I can confirm there's no way it'll make it into Ubuntu 12.04.
There's too many library changes so it's not a quick task.

Andy