Old 01-27-2012, 02:25 PM
Andreas Tille

Default Any news?

Hi,

any news about this ITP? Even preliminary stuff in some Vcs to look at?

I need to package an application which contains a derby.jar ...

Kind regards

Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de

Old 02-01-2012, 12:12 PM
Bertrand Marc

Hi,

I got a message from Zied last November about derby. He wrote me that
he wouldn't be available for a few months and detailed a bit his work
on this package. The blocking issue was that derby depended on javacc
4 and needed work to compile with javacc 5. Upstream is working on
this (see [1]).

I don't know about vcs or any preliminary stuff.

Regards,
Bertrand

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-5125

Old 02-01-2012, 12:58 PM
Andreas Tille

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 01, 2012 at 02:12:10PM +0100, Bertrand Marc wrote:
> I got a message from Zied last November about derby. He wrote me that
> he wouldn't be available for a few months and detailed a bit his work
> on this package. The blocking issue was that derby depended on javacc
> 4 and needed work to compile with javacc 5. Upstream is working on
> this (see [1]).
>
> I don't know about vcs or any preliminary stuff.
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-5125

Thanks for the clarification. I just learned that my target package can
be switched to libsqlite which hopefully simplifies the packaging and I
lost interest in Derby (just to let you know that I'm somehow out of the
row for this).

Kind regards

Andreas.

--