Old 01-11-2012, 07:52 PM
Andreas Tille

Default More help for beast-mcmc needed (Was: Help with java package (beast-mcmc) needed)

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 05:12:44PM +0100, Olivier Sallou wrote:
> I also remark in beast.jar MANIFEST that there is a carriage return:
>
> Class-Path: /usr/share/beast-mcmc/beagle.jar /usr/share/java/jebl.jar
> /u <---- there should not be a carriage return here
> sr/share/java/jam.jar /usr/share/java/treeview.jar
>
> this may cause issue in classpath read.

I do not have the slightest idea how this CLASSPATH information is
created (neither do I finally understand why those Java guys are
entertaining different spellings for the same thing (CLASSPATH versus
Class-Path). The only file I'm providing is debian/beast-mcmc.manifest
which is probably / hopefully used by jh_manifest (triggered by
the use of javahelper). I did some experiment by injecting a random
string and it was moved unchanged to the resulting MANIFEST.MF file.
However, as you can surely verify debian/beast-mcmc.manifest does
not contain any line breaks - just one line for Class-Path.

I do not have any idea how these line breaks will be inserted nor
whether they do really harm. Could anybody from debian-java please
comment on this. We are talking about the preliminary packages at

http://people.debian.org/~tille/packages/beast-mcmc-help-wanted/

where I needed to inject explicite CLASSPATH in all wrapper scripts
because the information in MANIFEST.MF seems to be perfectly ignored.

I also do have another question to the Java experts: We have quite
large data sets and faced situations where the setting

-Xmx2048m

is not enough. Is there any reasonable limit for this parameter?

Kind regards

Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de