Old 12-21-2011, 09:28 AM
Ioan Eugen Stan

Default maven 3 packaging

Hello everybody,

I wish to see maven 3 in the next Debian release so I decided to give a
hand in packaging it. I have some experience in using maven but I'm not
very familiar with it's internals. Kind of the same goes for I'm sure
this will change once I start diving in.

I would like help to get me started like: what package can I start
with?. It would be great if we can have a short voice session to get me
up to speed. Please understand that I would like to know how to

navigate the process.

p.s. Ludovic mentioned that you (Damien) could help me, so this email is
mostly addressed to you, but all help is appreciated.

Ioan Eugen Stan
http://ieugen.blogspot.com

Old 12-21-2011, 11:00 PM
"Damien Raude-Morvan"

Le mercredi 21 décembre 2011 11:28:07, Ioan Eugen Stan a écrit :
> Hello everybody,

Hi Ioan!

> I wish to see maven 3 in the next Debian release so I decided to give a
> hand in packaging it. I have some experience in using maven but I'm not
> very familiar with it's internals. Kind of the same goes for I'm sure
> this will change once I start diving in.

Any help is welcome on this package.

> I would like help to get me started like: what package can I start
> with?. It would be great if we can have a short voice session to get me
> up to speed. Please understand that I would like to know how to
> navigate the process.

You can have a quick overview of actual packaging state here [1]. All
dependencies of maven are now packaged and in unstable. I'm working on last
package : maven itself

Git repository with maven upstream tarball + debian packaging is here [2]. I'm
targeting Maven 3.0.4 (which should be out soon now). You can start by
reviewing this package, building it locally (with git-buildpackage) and test
this maven with your own project.

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/Java/Maven3
[2] http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-java/maven.git

Damien - Debian Developper