Old 12-17-2011, 04:13 PM
Giovanni Mascellani

Default New libjlatexmath-java version

Hi Sylvestre.

While updating the geogebra package, I discovered that geogebra depends
on some not yet release APIs of libjlatexmath, so it is not compilable
against libjlatexmath-java 0.9.6 which is now in the archive.

More specifically, I need the two createTeXIcon methods added in
2ef63f58[1].

[1]
http://forge.scilab.org/index.php/p/jlatexmath/source/commit/2ef63f58e1214c2fdf66098785d4790649baa9dd/

I have a few options, and I would like to have your opinion and
collaboration in managing this issue:
* Delay the release of geogebra until libjlatexmath upstream releases a
new version (do you have any idea about how much time this could require?);
* Prepare (or ask you to prepare) an upload of a not yet released
version of libjlatexmath (would you see any contraindication with it?);
* Embed a copy of the working libjlatexmath library in geogebra until
libjlatexmath ships the new APIs (I don't like it).

Do you have any comments or suggestions?

Thanks, Giovanni.
--
Giovanni Mascellani <mascellani@poisson.phc.unipi.it>
Pisa, Italy

Web: http://poisson.phc.unipi.it/~mascellani
Jabber: g.mascellani@jabber.org / giovanni@elabor.homelinux.org

Old 12-19-2011, 03:22 PM
Sylvestre Ledru

Hello Giovanni,

Le samedi 17 décembre 2011 à 18:13 +0100, Giovanni Mascellani a écrit :
> Hi Sylvestre.
>
> While updating the geogebra package, I discovered that geogebra depends
> on some not yet release APIs of libjlatexmath, so it is not compilable
> against libjlatexmath-java 0.9.6 which is now in the archive.
>
> More specifically, I need the two createTeXIcon methods added in
> 2ef63f58[1].
>
> [1]
> http://forge.scilab.org/index.php/p/jlatexmath/source/commit/2ef63f58e1214c2fdf66098785d4790649baa9dd/
>
> I have a few options, and I would like to have your opinion and
> collaboration in managing this issue:
I don't know if it is cleary but this package is developed by Scilab
Enterprises. Even I am not (at all) the lead developer on this project,
I am upstream (I just added the real one as C/C).

> * Delay the release of geogebra until libjlatexmath upstream releases a
> new version (do you have any idea about how much time this could require?);
> * Prepare (or ask you to prepare) an upload of a not yet released
> version of libjlatexmath (would you see any contraindication with it?);
> * Embed a copy of the working libjlatexmath library in geogebra until
> libjlatexmath ships the new APIs (I don't like it).
>
> Do you have any comments or suggestions?
I just asked to Calixte and he is going to release a new version tonight
to help you with that. I will upload it right after.

Sylvestre

Old 12-19-2011, 07:24 PM
Giovanni Mascellani

Hi.

On 19/12/2011 17:22, Sylvestre Ledru wrote:
>> Do you have any comments or suggestions?
> I just asked to Calixte and he is going to release a new version tonight
> to help you with that. I will upload it right after.

Thank you very much.

Giovanni.

Old 12-19-2011, 08:39 PM
Calixte

Hi Giovanni,

I released fifteen minutes ago, and Sly uploaded ten minutes ago...

Thanks to you.

Calixte