Old 12-16-2011, 10:59 AM
James Page

Default Revised RFS: jenkins 1.409.3-1 (new)

Old 12-16-2011, 11:25 AM
Damien Raude-Morvan

Hi James,

On Fri, 16 Dec 2011 11:59:04 +0000, James Page <james.page@ubuntu.com>
wrote:
> On 10/12/11 23:03, James Page wrote:
>> I am looking for a sponsor for my new package "jenkins".
[...]
>> This revised package now includes init scripts and /etc/default
>> configuration for Debian installations.
[...]
>> It would be great if someone could review and upload this package
>> for me.
>
> Not sure this made it to this list (I did not get it) - resending....
> DMUA flag would be nice to!

I've started reviewing this package but it's a large beast... so it will
take some time to check everything.

Cheers,
--
Damien

Old 12-16-2011, 11:26 AM
James Page

Old 12-16-2011, 10:46 PM
"Damien Raude-Morvan"

Le vendredi 16 décembre 2011 13:26:43, James Page a écrit :
> Hi Damien

Hi James,

> On 16/12/11 12:25, Damien Raude-Morvan wrote:
> > I've started reviewing this package but it's a large beast... so it
> > will take some time to check everything.
>
> Marvellous - thankyou!
>
> It is a bit of a monster....

During my review, I've found some binary blobs into source tarball:

some Windows files (unsure it's okay for main archive)
war/images/hudson-logo.vsd
war/src/main/webapp/favicon.ico
war/src/main/webapp/images/TangoProject-License.url

Java Keystore ? (maybe generated from something else ?)
dummy.keystore
war/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/update-center-rootCAs/hudson-community

RTF file (maybe ok for main archive, I'm unsure)
osx/docs/JenkinsWelcomePanel.rtf

Zip files (should be dropped)
test/src/main/resources/*.zip
test/src/main/resources/plugins/tasks.hpi
test/src/test/resources/hudson/maven/*.zip
test/src/test/resources/hudson/tasks/junit/*t.zip
test/src/test/resources/hudson/tasks/test/*.zip
test/src/test/resources/hudson/ClassicPluginStrategyTest/*.zip
test/src/test/resources/hudson/security/*.zip
test/src/test/resources/hudson/tasks/*.zip
test/src/test/resources/hudson/model/DependencyGraphTest/*.zip
test/src/test/resources/hudson/model/JobTest/*.zip

Sample svn repository (maybe generated from something else ?)
test/src/main/preset-data/svn-repo/

Cheers,
--
Damien

Old 12-24-2011, 02:11 PM
James Page

Hi Damien

On 16/12/11 23:46, Damien Raude-Morvan wrote:

> During my review, I've found some binary blobs into source tarball:
>
> some Windows files (unsure it's okay for main archive)
> war/images/hudson-logo.vsd
> war/src/main/webapp/favicon.ico
> war/src/main/webapp/images/TangoProject-License.url
>
> Java Keystore ? (maybe generated from something else ?)
> dummy.keystore
> war/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/update-center-rootCAs/hudson-community
>
> RTF file (maybe ok for main archive, I'm unsure)
> osx/docs/JenkinsWelcomePanel.rtf
>
> Zip files (should be dropped)
> test/src/main/resources/*.zip
> test/src/main/resources/plugins/tasks.hpi
> test/src/test/resources/hudson/maven/*.zip
> test/src/test/resources/hudson/tasks/junit/*t.zip
> test/src/test/resources/hudson/tasks/test/*.zip
> test/src/test/resources/hudson/ClassicPluginStrategyTest/*.zip
> test/src/test/resources/hudson/security/*.zip
> test/src/test/resources/hudson/tasks/*.zip
> test/src/test/resources/hudson/model/DependencyGraphTest/*.zip
> test/src/test/resources/hudson/model/JobTest/*.zip
>
> Sample svn repository (maybe generated from something else ?)
> test/src/main/preset-data/svn-repo/

I'll take a look through these in the next week or so - thanks for
reviewing.

Merry Christmas

James

--
James Page
Ubuntu Core Developer

Old 01-03-2012, 09:00 AM
James Page

Hi Damien

On 16/12/11 23:46, Damien Raude-Morvan wrote:
> some Windows files (unsure it's okay for main archive)
> war/images/hudson-logo.vsd
> war/src/main/webapp/images/TangoProject-License.url

OK; not required for the build or runtime so will drop.

> war/src/main/webapp/favicon.ico

I don't think that this file is technically a windows file; it can be
edited and is used by most web browsers by default for bookmarks etc.

> Java Keystore ? (maybe generated from something else ?)
> dummy.keystore

Not required - will drop.

> war/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/update-center-rootCAs/hudson-community

This certificate (well its parent in fact) is used by Jenkins centrally
to sign updates/plugins etc that are published to the jenkins update
centers; I think this should be retained as it ensures that the Jenkins
web application trusts signed content Jenkins upstream (which is
important as we will never package all 400 plugins...).

> RTF file (maybe ok for main archive, I'm unsure)
> osx/docs/JenkinsWelcomePanel.rtf

I'll drop the entire osx directory as is superfluous to requirements.

> Zip files (should be dropped)
> test/src/main/resources/*.zip
> test/src/main/resources/plugins/tasks.hpi
> test/src/test/resources/hudson/maven/*.zip
> test/src/test/resources/hudson/tasks/junit/*t.zip
> test/src/test/resources/hudson/tasks/test/*.zip
> test/src/test/resources/hudson/ClassicPluginStrategyTest/*.zip
> test/src/test/resources/hudson/security/*.zip
> test/src/test/resources/hudson/tasks/*.zip
> test/src/test/resources/hudson/model/DependencyGraphTest/*.zip
> test/src/test/resources/hudson/model/JobTest/*.zip
>
> Sample svn repository (maybe generated from something else ?)
> test/src/main/preset-data/svn-repo/

The test project contains the integration tests for Jenkins; I think
that is unlikely that we will ever be able to execute this in full
without dropping most of the content for DFSG compliance and completely
devaluing the effort; I would proposed that we drop test/* from the
upstream archive.

If you are happy with my proposed approach I'll re-package the upstream
tarball with a +dfsg and push to the git repository.

Thanks for reviewing.

Cheers

James

--
James Page
Ubuntu Core Developer

Old 01-04-2012, 07:35 PM
Damien Raude-Morvan

war/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/update-center-rootCAs/hudson-community

This certificate (well its parent in fact) is used by Jenkins centrally
to sign updates/plugins etc that are published to the jenkins update
centers; I think this should be retained as it ensures that the Jenkins
web application trusts signed content Jenkins upstream (which is
important as we will never package all 400 plugins...).

Ok, I got you point. But you have to describe this to FTP Master,
otherwise they will think its just a binary blob. Maybe also describe
how to edit this one (with keytool I suppose).

[...]

Yes, that's fine for me.

Cheers,

Old 01-05-2012, 09:23 AM
James Page

Hi Damien

On 04/01/12 20:35, Damien Raude-Morvan wrote:
> ebapp/WEB-INF/update-center-rootCAs/hudson-community
>> This certificate (well its parent in fact) is used by Jenkins centrally
>> to sign updates/plugins etc that are published to the jenkins update
>> centers; I think this should be retained as it ensures that the Jenkins
>> web application trusts signed content Jenkins upstream (which is
>> important as we will never package all 400 plugins...).
>
> Ok, I got you point. But you have to describe this to FTP Master,
> otherwise they will think its just a binary blob. Maybe also describe
> how to edit this one (with keytool I suppose).

I'll annotate this in README.source - its actually just a generated
certificate which is ascii armored; we can't edit it as we don't have
the private key associated with the cert - it will always come securely
from upstream.

> Zip files (should be dropped)
>>> test/src/main/resources/*.zip
>>> test/src/main/resources/plugins/tasks.hpi
>>> test/src/test/resources/hudson/maven/*.zip
>>> test/src/test/resources/hudson/tasks/junit/*t.zip
>>> test/src/test/resources/hudson/tasks/test/*.zip
>>> test/src/test/resources/hudson/ClassicPluginStrategyTest/*.zip
>>> test/src/test/resources/hudson/security/*.zip
>>> test/src/test/resources/hudson/tasks/*.zip
>>> test/src/test/resources/hudson/model/DependencyGraphTest/*.zip
>>> test/src/test/resources/hudson/model/JobTest/*.zip
>>>
>>> Sample svn repository (maybe generated from something else ?)
>>> test/src/main/preset-data/svn-repo/
>> The test project contains the integration tests for Jenkins; I think
>> that is unlikely that we will ever be able to execute this in full
>> without dropping most of the content for DFSG compliance and completely
>> devaluing the effort; I would proposed that we drop test/* from the
>> upstream archive.
>>
>> If you are happy with my proposed approach I'll re-package the upstream
>> tarball with a +dfsg and push to the git repository
>
> Yes, that's fine for me.

Repacking today!

Thanks for reviewing.

Cheers

James
--
James Page
Ubuntu Core Developer

Old 01-05-2012, 12:57 PM
James Page

Hi Damien

On 04/01/12 20:35, Damien Raude-Morvan wrote:

> Yes, that's fine for me.
>
> Cheers,

I've updated as we discussed; the 'dummy.keystore' keystore is used to
self sign the slave.jar when its downloaded using Java WebStart; however
it only contained a self-signed cert so I've removed it from the
orig.tar.gz and updated debian/rules to generate the keystore prebuild
and clean up as required.

README.source details the inclusion of the hudson root certificate.

Cheers

James

--
James Page
Ubuntu Core Developer

Old 01-05-2012, 08:31 PM
"Damien Raude-Morvan"

Le jeudi 05 janvier 2012 14:57:15, James Page a écrit :
> I've updated as we discussed; the 'dummy.keystore' keystore is used to
> self sign the slave.jar when its downloaded using Java WebStart; however
> it only contained a self-signed cert so I've removed it from the
> orig.tar.gz and updated debian/rules to generate the keystore prebuild
> and clean up as required.
>
> README.source details the inclusion of the hudson root certificate.

I've just upload your jenkins package into unstable.
After all those months of work, many thanks for your great contribution to
Debian !

Cheers,
--
Damien