Old 11-26-2011, 09:53 PM
Jakub Adam

Default libxalan2-java FTBFS because of libstylebook-java

Hi,

I went into the following problem that I'm not quite sure how to solve properly.

libstylebook-java 1.0~b3~svn20061109-3 (in squeeze) installs these jars:

/usr/share/java/stylebook-1.0-b3.jar
/usr/share/java/stylebook.jar (a symlink to the previous)

Sid has newer version 1.0~b3~svn20061109-4 that uses jh_installlibs and has:

/usr/share/java/stylebook-1.0-b3_xalan-2-1.0~b3~svn20061109.jar
/usr/share/java/stylebook-1.0-b3_xalan-2.jar (symlink)

Now package libxalan2-java FTBFS, because stylebook.jar can't be found and I see two different ways
how to fix it:

1. new jar names created by jh_installlibs are correct, libxalan2-java should be updated to reflect
the change

2. Old names from *-3 version are the right ones, jh_installlibs was fooled by unusual upstream version
numbers and we must fix libstylebook-java

Please can you help me which approach should I choose?

Cheers,

Jakub

Old 11-26-2011, 10:22 PM
Vincent Fourmond

Hello,

I went into the following problem that I'm not quite sure how to solve
properly.

libstylebook-java 1.0~b3~svn20061109-3 (in squeeze) installs these jars:

/usr/share/java/stylebook-1.0-b3.jar
/usr/share/java/stylebook.jar (a symlink to the previous)

Sid has newer version 1.0~b3~svn20061109-4 that uses jh_installlibs and
has:

/usr/share/java/stylebook-1.0-b3_xalan-2-1.0~b3~svn20061109.jar
/usr/share/java/stylebook-1.0-b3_xalan-2.jar (symlink)

Unless I'm very much mistaken, this is plain wrong. It seems that
jh_installlibs fails to notice that stylebook-1.0-b3_xalan-2.jar already
has a version number in it (which isn't surprising).

2. Old names from *-3 version are the right ones, jh_installlibs was
fooled by unusual upstream version
numbers and we must fix libstylebook-java

Please can you help me which approach should I choose?

Clearly the option 2. Do you need help and/or sponsoring ?

Cheers,

Vincent

Cheers,

Jakub

--
Vincent Fourmond, Debian Developer
http://vince-debian.blogspot.com/

Donkey: No one told me I had the right to remain silent !
Shrek: You *have* the right to remain silent. What you lack is the capacity.
-- Shrek 2

Vincent, listening to Running To Stand Still (U2)

Old 11-27-2011, 12:38 AM
Jakub Adam

Hi Vincent,

Unless I'm very much mistaken, this is plain wrong. It seems that jh_installlibs fails to notice that stylebook-1.0-b3_xalan-2.jar already has a
version number in it (which isn't surprising).

2. Old names from *-3 version are the right ones, jh_installlibs was
fooled by unusual upstream version
numbers and we must fix libstylebook-java

Clearly the option 2. Do you need help and/or sponsoring ?

Thanks for your comments. I commited a fix for libstylebook-java to svn [1] and everything now builds
without problems.

It would be great if you could review the changes and sponsor upload.

Cheers,

Jakub

[1] http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/pkg-java/trunk/stylebook/

Old 11-27-2011, 01:15 PM
Vincent Fourmond

Hello,

On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 2:38 AM, Jakub Adam <jakub.adam@ktknet.cz> wrote:
> Thanks for your comments. I commited a fix for libstylebook-java to svn [1]
> and everything now builds
> without problems.
>
> It would be great if you could review the changes and sponsor upload.

It's currently on its way. For the package you're building that
depends on it, it is probably not necessary to use versioned (build)?
dependencies as there is only one faulty package that should go out of
testing as soon as this one transitions there.

Cheers,

Vincent

Old 11-27-2011, 01:59 PM
Jakub Adam

Hi Vincent,

thanks for sponsoring.

For the package you're building that depends on it, it is probably not
necessary to use versioned (build)? dependencies as there is only one
faulty package that should go out of testing as soon as this one
transitions there.

I have already set Build-Depends libstylebook-java (>> 1.0~b3~svn20061109-4)
in libxalan2-java [1] but did not RFS yet. If you think this is a problem,
I can still revert it.

Cheers

Jakub

[1] http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/pkg-java/trunk/libxalan2-java/