Old 11-17-2011, 09:56 PM
Ludovic Claude

Default sunjava-db already packaged in Debian and same as Derby

Hello,

The package sunjava-db is already present in Debian, it's a version of
Derby which is supported by Sun.

Unless your project requires a specific version of Derby, you should
probably be able to use Sun Java DB instead.

Ludovic

Old 11-17-2011, 10:11 PM
"Damien Raude-Morvan"

Le jeudi 17 novembre 2011 23:56:56, Ludovic Claude a écrit :
> Hello,

Hi,

> The package sunjava-db is already present in Debian, it's a version of
> Derby which is supported by Sun.

non-free != Debian

> Unless your project requires a specific version of Derby, you should
> probably be able to use Sun Java DB instead.

Sun Java DB is just a binary package of Derby but it's not DFSG compliant :
it's under the same licence as Sun ClosedJDK. And, as Oracle decided to stop
providing DLJ build (Distributor Licence for Java), Sun Java and Sun Java DB
can't be distributed in non-free.

So I think packaging Derby is more than welcome (ie. to provide same feature
set in OpenJDK as in ClosedJDK)

Cheers,
--
Damien - Debian Developper