Old 11-14-2011, 10:30 PM
"Damien Raude-Morvan"

Default Maven 3 : status update

Hi Team!

I've just updated Maven3 wiki page [1] with my latest ITPs. I've also tried to
cleanup each dependencies level. From a quick overview, it seems that we'll
need to keep some duplicate packages to have both Maven 2.x and Maven 3.x
dependencies at the same time in archive...

Right now, I'm working on Sisu and its dependencies. Sisu is a replacement for
old Plexus container and provide bridge for Plexus and OSGi. It use a fork of
Google Guice (JSR 330) to provide a flexible component container.

I've also seen that Ludovic is working in SVN to provide some Parent's POM
packages. Ludovic, could you please give an update on this ?

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/Java/Maven3

Cheers,
--
Damien - Debian Developper
http://wiki.debian.org/DamienRaudeMorvan

Old 11-15-2011, 09:46 PM
Ludovic Claude

Hello Damien,

There is some progress on my side.
Could you sponsor the following packages:

maven-ant-helper, maven-repo-helper, apache-pom, commons-parent,
commons-lang

The following packages are not yet in a good shape to be released, but
they are available in Bazzar before landing in pkg-java. You can get
them from https://code.launchpad.net/~ludovicc

maven-debian-helper, maven-parent, apache-resource-bundles,
maven-shared-components, plexus-parent, codehaus-parent, mojo-parent,
build-helper-maven-plugin, plexus-utils2, qdox, plexus-classworlds2,
osgi-ee-minimum-api, osgi-ee-foundation-api, osgi-core, osgi-compendium,
bnd, libcommons-lang-java, reflectutils

I'm working mostly on improving the helper tools, so progress is really
slow on packaging but at least I fix tons of bugs.

Ludovic

Old 11-15-2011, 10:35 PM
"Damien Raude-Morvan"

Le mardi 15 novembre 2011 23:46:21, Ludovic Claude a écrit :
> Hello Damien,

Hi Ludovic!

> There is some progress on my side.
> Could you sponsor the following packages:
>
> maven-ant-helper, maven-repo-helper, apache-pom, commons-parent,
> commons-lang

Great! I'll have a look during this week.

> The following packages are not yet in a good shape to be released, but
> they are available in Bazzar before landing in pkg-java. You can get
> them from https://code.launchpad.net/~ludovicc
>
> maven-debian-helper, maven-parent, apache-resource-bundles,
> maven-shared-components, plexus-parent, codehaus-parent, mojo-parent,
> build-helper-maven-plugin, plexus-utils2, qdox, plexus-classworlds2,
> osgi-ee-minimum-api, osgi-ee-foundation-api, osgi-core, osgi-compendium,
> bnd, libcommons-lang-java, reflectutils

I think that you should work directly into debian pkg-java team SVN or Git
repository : I feel that having bnd into pkg-java svn and bnd into lp bazaar
complicates things a bit ;P
Maybe we can migrate some of those packages into git repositories and use
branches from here ? Will make things easier to follow / merge for everyone,
what's other member opinion ?

osgi-* packages should already be in Debian. I've updated [1].

> I'm working mostly on improving the helper tools, so progress is really
> slow on packaging but at least I fix tons of bugs.

Be assured that work on this tools is really appreciated !

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/Java/Maven3#line-99