Old 03-22-2008, 11:17 AM
Michael Koch

Default mysql connector/j 5.1.6

On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 10:14:06AM -0500, Eric wrote:
> A new upstream version of Connector/J has been released that fixes
> many bugs. libmysql-java should probably be upgraded with it.

Thanks for this hint. Unfortunately we had no watch file for this
package. I added one to SVN for automatic upstream update tracking.

I currently work on another issue with libmysql-java. When this is
solved I can upload a new package with the new version.

Cheers,
Michael

Old 04-01-2008, 02:11 PM
Eric

Any word on this? Anything I can do?

thanks,
eric

--
http://ir.iit.edu/~ej

Old 04-01-2008, 02:43 PM
Michael Koch

On Tue, Apr 01, 2008 at 09:11:14AM -0500, Eric wrote:
> Any word on this? Anything I can do?

When you can give input on bug #471646 that would be great. I can't
reproduce this currently.

Cheers,
Michael

Old 04-01-2008, 02:53 PM
Eric

A "Data truncation" exception is not necessarily strange. I imagine
this OpenMMS package is indeed inserting an out of range value and the
bug is there. There were some bugs w/ Connector/j not correctly
complaining about out-of-range values that I believe were solved
between 5.0 and 5.1, which would explain why you haven't seen it until
now. I imagine it would go away if you turned off if you set
jdbcCompliantTruncation=false in your connection URL, although that
won't solve the underlying (potential) problem.

eric

http://ir.iit.edu/~ej