Old 10-31-2011, 08:49 AM
Charles Plessy

Default Is there a pom.xml parser packaged in Debian ?

Le Fri, Oct 07, 2011 at 11:51:27PM +0200, Ludovic Claude a écrit :

> What do you want to acheive here? If you want to package snappy-java,
> then install maven-debian-helper, and run the command mh_make on the
> upstream sources (you need to cd to the directory containing the file
> pom.xml). Then mh_make will ask lots of questions and do its best to
> generate the packaging for you.

Dear Ludovic,

thank you very much for your help.

I tried mh_make on snappy-java version 1.0.4.1, downloaded as a compressed
achive from Google Code. Using git-import-orig's filter capacities, I removed
the lib directory that contains a sourceless JAR for silk-weaver, which you
showed me how to replace with mh_clean.

I then ran mh_make, which looks incredibly useful, and ran into the following
error:

This dependency cannot be found in the Debian Maven repository. Ignore this dependency?
org.osgi:core:bundle:4.3.0

This java library is packaged with another layout in Debian, so I replaced
<artifactId>core</artifactId> by <artifactId>org.osgi.core</artifactId> in
pom.xml. Is there a cleaner way to do ?

I then ran in the following error where mh_make does not find
org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-plugin.

Environment variable DEBLICENSE not set, using GPL-3+ by default

Enter the name of the new Debian source package. If empty, it will defaults to snappy

Enter the name of the binary package. If empty, it will defaults to libsnappy-java

Run tests while building the package?
[y]/n >

Generate the Javadoc while building the package?
[y]/n >

Checking that apt-file is installed and has been configured...
[ok]

Checking that licensecheck is installed...
[ok]

Solving dependencies for package libsnappy-java (tests are included) (documentation is included)
Enter the upstream version for the package. If you press <Enter> it will default to 1.0.4.1

Version of org.xerial.snappy:snappy-java is 1.0.4.1
Choose how it will be transformed:
[1] - Replace all versions starting by 1. with 1.x
2 - Change the version to the symbolic 'debian' version
3 - Keep the version
4 - Custom rule

Resolving junit:junit:jar:4.8.2 of scope test...
[ok]
Resolving org.codehaus.plexuslexus-classworlds:jar:2.4 of scope test...
[ok]
Resolving org.osgirg.osgi.core:jar:4.3.0 of scope provided...
[ok]
Resolving org.xerial:xerial-core:jar:1.0.21 of scope test...
[check with bundle dependency type]

In pom.xml:
This dependency cannot be found in the Debian Maven repository. Ignore this dependency?
org.xerial:xerial-core:bundle:1.0.21
y/[n] > y
[ignored]
Resolving org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:maven-plugin:2.3 of scope runtime...
[ok]
Resolving org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:maven-plugin:2.0.2 of scope runtime...
[ok]
Resolving org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:maven-plugin:2.1 of scope runtime...

In pom.xml:
This plugin is not useful for the build or its use is against Debian policies. Ignore this plugin?
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:maven-plugin:2.1
[y]/n >
[ignored]
Resolving org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-javadoc-plugin:maven-plugin:2.6.1 of scope runtime...
[ok]
Resolving org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-source-plugin:maven-plugin:2.1.2 of scope runtime...

In pom.xml:
This plugin is not useful for the build or its use is against Debian policies. Ignore this plugin?
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-source-plugin:maven-plugin:2.1.2
[y]/n >
[ignored]
-> Resolving org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-plugin:maven-plugin:2.3.5 of scope runtime...
-> [ok]
Resolving org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-assembly-plugin:maven-plugin:2.2-beta-5 of scope runtime...

In pom.xml:
This plugin may be ignored in some cases. Ignore this plugin?
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-assembly-plugin:maven-plugin:2.2-beta-5
[y]/n >
[ignored]
Resolving org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-ssh-external:jar:1.0-beta-7 of scope runtime...

In pom.xml:
This extension is not useful for the build or its use is against Debian policies. Ignore this extension?
org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-ssh-external:jar:1.0-beta-7
[y]/n >
[ignored]
Checking dependencies for documentation packages...
> dpkg --search /usr/share/doc/libosgi-core-java/api/index.html
libosgi-core-java-doc: /usr/share/doc/libosgi-core-java/api/index.html
Found libosgi-core-java-doc
[INFO]
NOTE: Maven is executing in offline mode. Any artifacts not already in your local
repository will be inaccessible.

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR

Project ID: org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-plugin

-> Reason: POM 'org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-plugin' not found in repository: System is offline.

org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-pluginom:2.3.4

for project org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-plugin

[INFO] Total time: < 1 second
[INFO] Finished at: Mon Oct 31 18:45:32 JST 2011
[INFO] Final Memory: 3M/180M

Strangely, while mh_help outputs [ok] for maven-bundle-plugin, it is not found
in the end (see the arrows in the margin).

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,