Old 10-30-2011, 09:11 PM
Guillaume Mazoyer

Default RFS: slashtime

Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "slashtime".

* Package name : slashtime
Version : 0.5.13-1
Upstream Author : Andrew Cowie <andrew@operationaldynamics.com>
* License : GPL v2
Section : misc

It builds those binary packages:

slashtime - Slashtime - Display the time in various places.

To access further information about this package, please visit the
following URL:

http://mentors.debian.net/package/slashtime

Alternatively, one can download the package with dget using this
command:

dget -x
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/s/slashtime/slashtime_0.5.13-1.dsc

Kind regards,

--
Guillaume Mazoyer

Old 11-06-2011, 08:43 AM
Niels Thykier

On 2011-10-30 23:11, Guillaume Mazoyer wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "slashtime".
>
> * Package name : slashtime
> Version : 0.5.13-1
> Upstream Author : Andrew Cowie <andrew@operationaldynamics.com>
> * License : GPL v2
> Section : misc
>
> It builds those binary packages:
>
> slashtime - Slashtime - Display the time in various places.
>
> To access further information about this package, please visit the
> following URL:
>
> http://mentors.debian.net/package/slashtime
>
> Alternatively, one can download the package with dget using this
> command:
>
> dget -x
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/s/slashtime/slashtime_0.5.13-1.dsc

> Kind regards,
>
> --
> Guillaume Mazoyer

Hi,

A couple of lintian warnings worth considering to fix:

N: Processing binary package slashtime (version 0.5.13-1, arch all) ...
[...]
W: slashtime: old-fsf-address-in-copyright-file
E: slashtime: description-starts-with-package-name
I: slashtime: description-synopsis-might-not-be-phrased-properly
W: slashtime: missing-classpath libjava-gnome-java
W: slashtime: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/slashtime

The run script (usr/bin/slashtime) is broken - I don't get the "cd /usr"
part and "exec /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk-amd64/jre/bin/java" will
definitely not work for an arch:all package. Furthermore I believe "$@"
is better than $* when it comes to arguments with spaces and such (note
the quotes on the first).

You may or may not be missing a short-name for the first "files"
paragraph in d/copyright. I don't remember my DEP-5 here, but you have
one for the second paragraph, so I assumed you forgot it for the first one.

~Niels

Old 12-19-2011, 05:58 PM
Guillaume Mazoyer

Sorry for this late reply.

On Sun, Nov 06, 2011 at 10:43:51AM +0100, Niels Thykier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A couple of lintian warnings worth considering to fix:
>
> N: Processing binary package slashtime (version 0.5.13-1, arch all) ...
> [...]
> W: slashtime: old-fsf-address-in-copyright-file
> E: slashtime: description-starts-with-package-name
> I: slashtime: description-synopsis-might-not-be-phrased-properly
> W: slashtime: missing-classpath libjava-gnome-java
> W: slashtime: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/slashtime
I hope I have fixed some warnings, errors etc... My lintian did not
output all these lines + debexpo tells me that my package is lintian
clean.

> The run script (usr/bin/slashtime) is broken - I don't get the "cd /usr"
It is used so the application can locate icons.
Upstream contains a 'share/pixmaps' directory so the 'cd /usr' is used
so the application can locate icons in '/usr/share/pixmaps'.

> part and "exec /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk-amd64/jre/bin/java" will
> definitely not work for an arch:all package. Furthermore I believe "$@"
> is better than $* when it comes to arguments with spaces and such (note
> the quotes on the first).
I have made a patch for that and tell the upstream author that he should
fix that upstream

> You may or may not be missing a short-name for the first "files"
> paragraph in d/copyright. I don't remember my DEP-5 here, but you have
> one for the second paragraph, so I assumed you forgot it for the first one.
As far as I know the copyright file is ok and this syntax is correct
according to http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5

I've re-uploaded the package on debexpo and also commited the new
revision of the file in the pkg-java team SVN.

Thank you for reviewing my package.

--
Guillaueme Mazoyer

Old 04-03-2012, 12:29 PM
Niels Thykier

On 2011-12-19 19:58, Guillaume Mazoyer wrote:
> Sorry for this late reply.

I guess that just made two of us... T_T - Next time feel free to nag me
within a week or so.

Assuming you are still interested in this package, ...

> On Sun, Nov 06, 2011 at 10:43:51AM +0100, Niels Thykier wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> A couple of lintian warnings worth considering to fix:
>>
>> N: Processing binary package slashtime (version 0.5.13-1, arch all) ...
>> [...]
>> W: slashtime: old-fsf-address-in-copyright-file
>> E: slashtime: description-starts-with-package-name

Looks fixed (based on the diffs)

>> I: slashtime: description-synopsis-might-not-be-phrased-properly

Will still be triggered (synopsis ends with a ".")

>> W: slashtime: missing-classpath libjava-gnome-java

Looks fixed, but you did not have to use a patch (jh_manifest could have
done it). I do not care about which method you use, as long as you use
the method you prefer to most.

>> W: slashtime: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/slashtime

Looks fixed as well.

> I hope I have fixed some warnings, errors etc... My lintian did not
> output all these lines + debexpo tells me that my package is lintian
> clean.
>
>> The run script (usr/bin/slashtime) is broken - I don't get the "cd /usr"
> It is used so the application can locate icons.
> Upstream contains a 'share/pixmaps' directory so the 'cd /usr' is used
> so the application can locate icons in '/usr/share/pixmaps'.

Okay, this is something I would like to see documented (preferably in
the script just above the cd /usr).

>> part and "exec /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk-amd64/jre/bin/java" will
>> definitely not work for an arch:all package. Furthermore I believe "$@"
>> is better than $* when it comes to arguments with spaces and such (note
>> the quotes on the first).
> I have made a patch for that and tell the upstream author that he should
> fix that upstream

Thanks

>> You may or may not be missing a short-name for the first "files"
>> paragraph in d/copyright. I don't remember my DEP-5 here, but you have
>> one for the second paragraph, so I assumed you forgot it for the first one.
> As far as I know the copyright file is ok and this syntax is correct
> according to http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5

I think I wanted to say 'you may be missing a short-name for the license
field in the first "files" paragraph.'. But obviously I do not remember
now.

> I've re-uploaded the package on debexpo and also commited the new
> revision of the file in the pkg-java team SVN.
>
> Thank you for reviewing my package.
>
> --
> Guillaueme Mazoyer

~Niels

Old 04-06-2012, 08:03 PM
Guillaume Mazoyer

2012/4/3 Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net>:
> Assuming you are still interested in this package, ...
I am.

>>> I: slashtime: description-synopsis-might-not-be-phrased-properly
>
> Will still be triggered (synopsis ends with a ".")
Should be fixed now.

>>> W: slashtime: missing-classpath libjava-gnome-java
>
> Looks fixed, but you did not have to use a patch (jh_manifest could have
> done it). *I do not care about which method you use, as long as you use
> the method you prefer to most.
I removed the patch and used jh_manifest instead, I think that it is
indeed better.

> Okay, this is something I would like to see documented (preferably in
> the script just above the cd /usr).
Done.

> I think I wanted to say 'you may be missing a short-name for the license
> field in the first "files" paragraph.'. *But obviously I do not remember
> now.
Yes you're right. I fixed that too.

--
Guillaume Mazoyer - http://respawner.fr/

Old 04-11-2012, 07:12 AM
Niels Thykier

On 2012-04-06 22:03, Guillaume Mazoyer wrote:
> 2012/4/3 Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net>:
>> Assuming you are still interested in this package, ...
> I am.

>> Will still be triggered (synopsis ends with a ".")
> Should be fixed now.

>> Looks fixed, but you did not have to use a patch (jh_manifest could have
>> done it). I do not care about which method you use, as long as you use
>> the method you prefer to most.
> I removed the patch and used jh_manifest instead, I think that it is
> indeed better.
>
>> Okay, this is something I would like to see documented (preferably in
>> the script just above the cd /usr).
> Done.
>
>> I think I wanted to say 'you may be missing a short-name for the license
>> field in the first "files" paragraph.'. But obviously I do not remember
>> now.
> Yes you're right. I fixed that too.

Uploaded, thanks for your contribution and your patience.

For the next upload, please consider adding the Vcs-Browser field:

"""
Vcs-Browser: http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/pkg-java/trunk/slashtime/
"""

Post-upload, I noticed a ".pc" directory in debian/. It appears to be
in your original debian.tar.gz as well - I guess it is from a quilt refresh?

~Niels