Old 10-30-2011, 07:51 PM
Jakub Adam

Default RFS: eclipse-cdt

Dear java packagers,

I am looking for a sponsor for package "eclipse-cdt".

* Package name : eclipse-cdt
Version : 8.0.1-1
Upstream Author : Eclipse CDT project
* License : EPL-1.0
Section : java

It builds those binary packages:

eclipse-cdt - C/C++ Development Tools for Eclipse

Package source can be accessed at pkg-java git repository:

http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-java/eclipse-cdt.git

This is a new major upstream release of the package.

Kind regards,

Jakub Adam

Old 11-06-2011, 08:23 AM
Niels Thykier

On 2011-10-30 21:51, Jakub Adam wrote:
> Dear java packagers,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for package "eclipse-cdt".
>
> * Package name : eclipse-cdt
> Version : 8.0.1-1
> Upstream Author : Eclipse CDT project
> * License : EPL-1.0
> Section : java
>
> It builds those binary packages:
>
> eclipse-cdt - C/C++ Development Tools for Eclipse
>
> Package source can be accessed at pkg-java git repository:
>
> http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-java/eclipse-cdt.git
>
> This is a new major upstream release of the package.

> Kind regards,
>
> Jakub Adam

Hey,

Thanks for updating this.

If the JNI libs are the only architecture dependent stuff, we should
probably split the package (i.e. eclipse-cdt-jni and eclipse-cdt or so).
That will also save the "mkdir/mv/rm"-code since javahelper would then
install all the plugins into usr/share instead of usr/lib.

~Niels

Old 11-06-2011, 10:45 AM
Jakub Adam

Hi Niels,

If the JNI libs are the only architecture dependent stuff, we should
probably split the package (i.e. eclipse-cdt-jni and eclipse-cdt or so).
That will also save the "mkdir/mv/rm"-code since javahelper would then
install all the plugins into usr/share instead of usr/lib.

I split the package into eclipse-cdt and eclipse-cdt-jni.

Jakub

Old 11-06-2011, 11:52 AM
Niels Thykier

On 2011-11-06 12:45, Jakub Adam wrote:
> Hi Niels,
>
>> If the JNI libs are the only architecture dependent stuff, we should
>> probably split the package (i.e. eclipse-cdt-jni and eclipse-cdt or so).
>> That will also save the "mkdir/mv/rm"-code since javahelper would then
>> install all the plugins into usr/share instead of usr/lib.
>
> I split the package into eclipse-cdt and eclipse-cdt-jni.
>
> Jakub

Uploaded to NEW, thanks for your contribution.

So, I forgot to check the bug tracker before I uploaded and shame on
us... Obviously it fixes #626384 and I assume it also solves #574611
(else there is little point in the upload :P). So when the package is
accepted we should close these bugs manually.

~Niels