Old 10-27-2011, 05:56 PM
Mathieu Malaterre

Default Uploading clooj

Hi,

I am looking for a DD to upload the clooj package. I uploaded it to mentors:

http://mentors.debian.net/package/clooj

It is also available under the subversion repository for pkg-java.

clooj will be needed for a dependency for the micromanager package:

http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/imaging#micromanager

Thanks
--
Mathieu

Old 10-27-2011, 08:41 PM
Niels Thykier

On 2011-10-27 19:56, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for a DD to upload the clooj package. I uploaded it to mentors:
>
> http://mentors.debian.net/package/clooj
>
> It is also available under the subversion repository for pkg-java.
>
> clooj will be needed for a dependency for the micromanager package:
>
> http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/imaging#micromanager
>
> Thanks

Hey,

I have no experience with clojure, so I can only review this...

That being said - it appears to trying to download maven stuff online
and then the build seems to hang (though admittedly I had a rather short
patience after seeing the download attempts :P ).

~Niels

Old 10-27-2011, 11:18 PM
Mathieu Malaterre

Niels,

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 10:41 PM, Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net> wrote:
> On 2011-10-27 19:56, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> * I am looking for a DD to upload the clooj package. I uploaded it to mentors:
>>
>> http://mentors.debian.net/package/clooj
>>
>> * It is also available under the subversion repository for pkg-java.
>>
>> * clooj will be needed for a dependency for the micromanager package:
>>
>> http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/imaging#micromanager
>>
>> Thanks
>
> Hey,
>
> I have no experience with clojure, so I can only review this...
>

> That being said - it appears to trying to download maven stuff online
> and then the build seems to hang (though admittedly I had a rather short
> patience after seeing the download attempts :P ).

Hum. I did multiple tests with my desktop with cable unplug and could
not reproduce the issue.
I have 0 experience with lein (leinigen thingy) and there is no
verbose mode to see what is actually going on. This soft is really
putting hair on fire (*)

Thanks anyway,
--
Mathieu

(*) https://github.com/technomancy/leiningen/blob/1.x/README.md

Old 10-28-2011, 07:41 AM
Cédric Pineau

*Mathieu, lein is using maven repos, so you may simply allready have those jars in your repo ?
*Try with an empty one.
*You may also try "lein pom" to generate the pom equivalent of the project.clj file and then use plain maven with it.

*Cédric

Archive: http://lists.debian.org/CA+7wUszyyt82SYyVm4f310jLc89YWVF-GhybnLaDURD2fo8ixQ@mail.gmail.com

Old 11-03-2011, 03:39 PM
Mathieu Malaterre

Hi Cédric,

2011/10/28 Cédric Pineau <cedric.pineau@gmail.com>:

> *Mathieu, lein is using maven repos, so you may simply allready have those
> jars in your repo ?
> *Try with an empty one.

here is what clooj is trying to do in my back:

Downloading: org/clojure/clojure/1.3.0/clojure-1.3.0.pom from
repository central at http://repo1.maven.org/maven2
Downloading: org/sonatype/oss/oss-parent/5/oss-parent-5.pom from
repository central at http://repo1.maven.org/maven2
Downloading: org/clojure/clojure/1.3.0/clojure-1.3.0.jar from
repository central at http://repo1.maven.org/maven2
Copying 1 file to /tmp/buildd/clooj-0.2.4/lib
Downloading: local-file/local-file/0.1.0/local-file-0.1.0.pom from
repository central at http://repo1.maven.org/maven2
Unable to locate resource in repository
[INFO] Unable to find resource 'local-file:local-fileom:0.1.0' in
repository central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
Downloading: local-file/local-file/0.1.0/local-file-0.1.0.pom from
repository clojars at http://clojars.org/repo/
Transferring 1K from clojars
Downloading: local-file/local-file/0.1.0/local-file-0.1.0.jar from
repository central at http://repo1.maven.org/maven2
Unable to locate resource in repository
[INFO] Unable to find resource 'local-file:local-file:jar:0.1.0' in
repository central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
Downloading: local-file/local-file/0.1.0/local-file-0.1.0.jar from
repository clojars at http://clojars.org/repo/
Transferring 2K from clojars

As one can see clojure1.3 is installed and declared in the CLASSPATH,
however lein is still trying to download stuff from repo1.maven.org

> *You may also try "lein pom" to generate the pom equivalent of the
> project.clj file and then use plain maven with it.

Feels like going one step behind, but if this work... I am starring at
the documentation from:

http://wiki.debian.org/Java/MavenBuilder

Do you have instead a real life example of a package in debian using
maven debian black magic ?

Thanks,
--
Mathieu

Old 11-04-2011, 01:08 PM
Wolodja Wentland

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 01:18 +0200, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 10:41 PM, Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net> wrote:

> > That being said - it appears to trying to download maven stuff online
> > and then the build seems to hang (though admittedly I had a rather short
> > patience after seeing the download attempts :P ).
> Hum. I did multiple tests with my desktop with cable unplug and could
> not reproduce the issue.

I will investigate this is detail later on, but it very much looks as if you
want to do the following:

* Depend on clojure1.3
* Package local-file and Build-Depend on it
* Remove :dependencies and :dev-dependencies from project.clj

Please let me know if that works out for you or if you need further help with
the packaging.
--
Wolodja <babilen@gmail.com>

4096R/CAF14EFC
081C B7CD FF04 2BA9 94EA 36B2 8B7F 7D30 CAF1 4EFC