Old 10-27-2011, 05:28 PM
Mathieu Malaterre

Default libnb-java4-java package

Hi,

Thanks for libnb-java4-java ! I have started using it since it provides :

/usr/share/netbeans/java4/modules/ext/AbsoluteLayout.jar

I wanted to check, is this going to be a stable location ?

Thanks
--
Mathieu

Old 10-27-2011, 08:22 PM
Andrew Ross

On 27/10/11 18:28, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for libnb-java4-java ! I have started using it since it provides :
>
> /usr/share/netbeans/java4/modules/ext/AbsoluteLayout.jar
>
> I wanted to check, is this going to be a stable location ?
>
> Thanks

Hi Mathieu,

I've just checked and actually it turns out the Netbeans 7.0.1 package
should have been providing java5, not java4, so there's already a
mistake in location. The number is the "cluster incompatible release
version".

This also applies to:
apisupport2 should be apisupport3
ide13 should be ide14

It looks like they'd move again in Netbeans 7.1 (the layout means it's
possible to have multiple versions of some of the clusters installed).

If you're wanting to use the AbsoluteLayout jar as a dependency for some
other package then it might be better to have the netbeans source
package install this as a separate binary package and install it into
/usr/share/java/.

I'm not sure when I'll have a chance to make these updates, maybe in the
next month, unless anyone else has time.

Thanks,
Andy