Old 10-25-2011, 06:02 PM
Jakub Adam

Default RFS: libgnujaf-java

Dear mentors and java packagers,

I am looking for a sponsor for package "libgnujaf-java".

* Package name : libgnujaf-java
Version : 1.1.1-7
Upstream Author : Andrew Selkirk <aselkirk@sympatico.ca>, Nic Ferrier <nferrier@tapsellferrier.co.uk>
* License : LGPL-2.1
Section : java

It builds those binary packages:

libgnujaf-java - free implementation of the javabeans activation framework

Packaging files can be accessed at pkg-java svn repository:

http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/pkg-java/trunk/libgnujaf-java/

Package is already in Debian, but installed jar archive is missing OSGi metadata in its
manifest that I need there to be able to use this java library as a dependency of Eclipse
plugin eclipse-mylyn, that I am now packaging.

I added required metadata, updated package's Standards-Version to 3.9.2 and fixed some lintian
reported warnings. Upstream source code I left unchanged.

Kind regards,

Jakub Adam

Old 10-25-2011, 07:20 PM
Niels Thykier

On 2011-10-25 20:02, Jakub Adam wrote:
> Dear mentors and java packagers,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for package "libgnujaf-java".
>
> [...]

Hi,

> Package is already in Debian, but installed jar archive is missing OSGi
> metadata in its
> manifest that I need there to be able to use this java library as a
> dependency of Eclipse
> plugin eclipse-mylyn, that I am now packaging.
>
> I added required metadata, updated package's Standards-Version to 3.9.2
> and fixed some lintian
> reported warnings. Upstream source code I left unchanged.

I abused the oppertunity to sneak in a few extra changes. Particularly
I split the javadoc into a separate package, so the upload has to go
through the "NEW" queue.

> Kind regards,
>
> Jakub Adam

Uploaded, thanks for your contribution and your work on eclipse plugins.

~Niels

Old 10-28-2011, 08:53 PM
Jakub Adam

Dear java packagers,

I am looking for a sponsor for package "libgnumail-java".

* Package name : libgnumail-java
Version : 1.1.2-6
Upstream Author : Andrew Selkirk, Nic Ferrier, Chris Burdess
* License : GPL-2+ with linking exception
Section : java

It builds those binary packages:

libgnumail-java - free implementation of the javamail API
libgnumail-java-doc - free implementation of the javamail API (Javadocs)

Packaging files can be accessed at pkg-java svn repository:

http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/pkg-java/trunk/libgnumail-java/

Old 11-06-2011, 07:51 AM
Niels Thykier

On 2011-10-28 22:53, Jakub Adam wrote:
> Dear java packagers,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for package "libgnumail-java".

Hi,

> [..]

> Kind regards,
>
> Jakub Adam

Thanks for looking into this, but could I ask you to double check this
package? There is the DEP-5 which says it is Eclipse-EGit and not
libgnumail-java (and uses the "Orbital" team, which was an joke meant
for eclipse :P). It is probably just the upstream name you got wrong,
but still...

Secondly, the OSGi metadata. Is the gnu.* packages really "API" that
should be exported. Personally I would think it is just an
implementation of the javax.* packages.
The metadata does not have any Import-Package or Require-Bundle
entries, but it has a Class-Path. Eclipse (and possibly all OSGi
implementations?) ignore Class-Path and only look at the OSGi metadata.
If this is only for the javax.* packages, the imports might not be needed.

Note: I committed a few changes to svn (to deal with the javadoc split
for libgnujaf-java).

~Niels

Old 11-06-2011, 03:40 PM
Jakub Adam

Hi Niels,

There is the DEP-5 which says it is Eclipse-EGit and not
libgnumail-java

Yeah, silly mistake. Sorry

(and uses the "Orbital" team, which was an joke meant
for eclipse :P).

I changed the team name to more reasonable "Debian Java Maintainers"

Secondly, the OSGi metadata. Is the gnu.* packages really "API" that
should be exported. Personally I would think it is just an
implementation of the javax.* packages.

You are probably right, binary plugin from Eclipse Orbit does not have these
exports, so I removed them also.

The metadata does not have any Import-Package or Require-Bundle
entries, but it has a Class-Path. Eclipse (and possibly all OSGi
implementations?) ignore Class-Path and only look at the OSGi metadata.
If this is only for the javax.* packages, the imports might not be needed.

Added require-bundle javax.activation

Jakub

Old 11-07-2011, 09:37 PM
Niels Thykier

On 2011-11-06 17:40, Jakub Adam wrote:
> Hi Niels,
>
>> There is the DEP-5 which says it is Eclipse-EGit and not
>> libgnumail-java
>
> Yeah, silly mistake. Sorry
>
>> (and uses the "Orbital" team, which was an joke meant
>> for eclipse :P).
>
> I changed the team name to more reasonable "Debian Java Maintainers"
>
>> Secondly, the OSGi metadata. Is the gnu.* packages really "API" that
>> should be exported. Personally I would think it is just an
>> implementation of the javax.* packages.
>
> You are probably right, binary plugin from Eclipse Orbit does not have
> these
> exports, so I removed them also.
>
>> The metadata does not have any Import-Package or Require-Bundle
>> entries, but it has a Class-Path. Eclipse (and possibly all OSGi
>> implementations?) ignore Class-Path and only look at the OSGi metadata.
>> If this is only for the javax.* packages, the imports might not be
>> needed.
>
> Added require-bundle javax.activation
>
> Jakub

Uploaded, thanks.