Old 10-01-2011, 02:27 PM
Emmanuel Keller

Default RFS:opensearchserver package

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for your welcome !

Because Apache Solr exists OpenSearchServer should not ?

Are you sure that because one solution exists, there is not place for another one ?

I am happy to have the choice between:
- Apache, lighthttp, nginx, and others,
- bugzilla, trac, otrs and others,
- mediawiki, phpwiki, docuwiki and others,
- ...

OpenSearchServer is not jus a tiny front-end, it is 10 years of java work.

What's wrong with open source and commercial activities ?
Am I wrong or ? There is many open source software related to commercial activities.

Does somebody plan to remove MySQL from Debian ?

It seems that Debian has no problem to embed non-free software when they provide something interesting ?

Do you never use Sun java runtime on Debian ?

I know that taking 5 minutes and give that kind of judgment is not representative of what Debian is.

Reg ards,
Emmanuel.