Old 09-29-2011, 03:24 PM
Thomas Koch

Default maven-debian-helper without cdbs?

Hi,

could you please point me to any package that uses maven-debian-helper without
cdbs but with debhelper, so that I can learn how it's done?
I tried to use the *.substvars file generated by mh_make, but dpkg-
buildpackage complains all the time that it could not parse ${mavenepends}.
I tried to name the substvars file in different ways BINPACKAGE.substvars,
SOURCEPACKAGE.substvars, substvars, but no success.

Do I understand it right, that the substvars file should not be in the source
package but autogenerated on every build?

Thank you,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro

Old 09-29-2011, 10:17 PM
Ludovic Claude

Hello Thomas,

It is not yet possible to use maven-debian-helper without cdbs. I have
started thinking about supporting dh 7, but it will take some time to do it.

If your package is simple - for example a single jar, then you can use
maven-repo-helper which for version >= 1.6 integrates with dh 7 as well
as javahelper.

The subsvars file should be generated during the build, so this is not
something that you can (or should) do with mh_make. mh_make is the
equivalent of dh_make, a tool to assist you to generate the Debian
control files for a new package.

Ludovic