Old 09-17-2011, 10:41 PM
Matthias Schmitz

Default RFS: animal-sniffer

Dear mentors and java packagers,

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "animal-sniffer".

* Package name : animal-sniffer
Version : 1.7-1
Upstream Author : Kohsuke Kawaguchi, codehaus.org, Stephen Connolly
* License : MIT License
Section : java

It builds those binary packages:

libanimal-sniffer-java - JDK/API verification tools
libanimal-sniffer-java-doc - Documentation for Animal Sniffer

To access further information about this package, please visit the
following URL:

http://mentors.debian.net/package/animal-sniffer

Alternatively, one can download the package with dget using this
command:

dget -x
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/a/animal-sniffer/animal-sniffer_1.7-1.dsc

Kind regards,

Matthias Schmitz

Old 09-18-2011, 08:39 AM
Torsten Werner

Hi,

On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 12:41 AM, Matthias Schmitz <matthias@sigxcpu.org> wrote:
> To access further information about this package, please visit the
> following URL:
>
> *http://mentors.debian.net/package/animal-sniffer
>
> Alternatively, one can download the package with dget using this
> command:
>
> *dget -x
> *http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/a/animal-sniffer/animal-sniffer_1.7-1.dsc

the git URL would be more useful. BTW, the pristine-tar branch did not
contain upstream version 1.7 and there was no tag upstream/1.7. It is
a good practice to create tags for upstream versions. I've fixed both.

Are you aware that you specified Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 7) but
debian/compat contains a 5?

The copyright file has a line 'Copyright (c) <year> <copyright
holders>'. That should be fixed before the initial upload.

I am pretty sure that you can replace your multiline file
debian/libanimal-sniffer-java-doc.install by one line
target/site/apidocs/*
usr/share/doc/libanimal-sniffer-java/libanimal-sniffer/api
and drop the file doc-base.index.html but YMMV.

Cheers,
Torsten

Old 09-18-2011, 08:41 AM
Torsten Werner

On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 10:39 AM, Torsten Werner <mail.twerner@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am pretty sure that you can replace your multiline file
> debian/libanimal-sniffer-java-doc.install by one line
> *target/site/apidocs/*
> usr/share/doc/libanimal-sniffer-java/libanimal-sniffer/api

target/site/apidocs/* usr/share/doc/libanimal-sniffer-java/api

is more correct, sorry.

Torsten

Old 09-18-2011, 12:53 PM
Matthias Schmitz

Hi Torsten, hi *,

Am Sun, 18 Sep 2011 10:39:22 +0200
schrieb Torsten Werner <mail.twerner@gmail.com>:

> > Alternatively, one can download the package with dget using this
> > command:
> >
> > *dget -x
> > *http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/a/animal-sniffer/animal-sniffer_1.7-1.dsc
>
> the git URL would be more useful. BTW, the pristine-tar branch did not
sorry, this is the RFS template of mentors.debian.net :-).

> contain upstream version 1.7 and there was no tag upstream/1.7. It is
> a good practice to create tags for upstream versions. I've fixed both.

Ok, thanks.

> Are you aware that you specified Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 7) but
> debian/compat contains a 5?
No, i missed that. Its fixed now.

> The copyright file has a line 'Copyright (c) <year> <copyright
> holders>'. That should be fixed before the initial upload.
Its fixed now.

> I am pretty sure that you can replace your multiline file
> debian/libanimal-sniffer-java-doc.install by one line
> target/site/apidocs/*
> usr/share/doc/libanimal-sniffer-java/libanimal-sniffer/api
> and drop the file doc-base.index.html but YMMV.
The javadocs for every sub module are generated in
<MODULE>/target/apidocs/ and every javadoc has its own index.html.
The doc-base registration only allows one single index page so i
introduce the doc-base.index.html.

I pushed the changes to the git and uploaded a new package to
mentors.debian.net.

best regards,
Matthias

Old 09-18-2011, 01:12 PM
Torsten Werner

On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 2:53 PM, Matthias Schmitz <matthias@sigxcpu.org> wrote:
> The javadocs for every sub module are generated in
> <MODULE>/target/apidocs/ and every javadoc has its own index.html.

That is not true if you set

DEB_MAVEN_DOC_TARGET := javadoc:jar javadoc:aggregate

in debian/rules which is done by mh_make by default. Do you want me to
upload the package in the current state?

Torsten

Old 09-18-2011, 05:27 PM
Matthias Schmitz

Hi Torsten, hi *,

Am Sun, 18 Sep 2011 15:12:53 +0200
schrieb Torsten Werner <twerner@debian.org>:

> On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 2:53 PM, Matthias Schmitz
> <matthias@sigxcpu.org> wrote:
> > The javadocs for every sub module are generated in
> > <MODULE>/target/apidocs/ and every javadoc has its own index.html.
>
> That is not true if you set
>
> DEB_MAVEN_DOC_TARGET := javadoc:jar javadoc:aggregate
obviously i have to learn much more about maven and maven-debian-helper.

> in debian/rules which is done by mh_make by default. Do you want me to
> upload the package in the current state?
I inserted the DEB_MAVEN_DOC_TARGET line to debian/rules and changed
the installation of the javadocs to the way you mentioned.
If the package is good enough now i would be pleased if you upload
it :-).

Bis dann,
Matthias

Old 09-18-2011, 05:53 PM
Torsten Werner

On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 7:27 PM, Matthias Schmitz <matthias@sigxcpu.org> wrote:
> If the package is good enough now i would be pleased if you upload
> it :-).

Uploaded and tagged after removing the obsoleted file doc-base.index.html.

Thanks for taking care of the package,
Torsten