Old 09-08-2011, 06:25 PM
Miguel Landaeta

Default RFS: guice (new package, needed by openid4java)

Hi team,

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "guice".

* Package name : guice
Version : 3.0-1
Upstream Author : Google Inc.
* License : Apache-2.0
Section : java

It builds these binary packages:
libguice-java - lightweight dependency injection framework for Java 5 and above
libguice-java-doc - documentation for libguice-java

The package is lintian clean.
The upload would fix these bugs: 579121.

My motivation for maintaining this package is:
I need this library in order to build and package openid4java.

The package can be found at:
Vcs-Git: git://git.debian.org/git/pkg-java/guice.git

Cheers,

Miguel Landaeta, miguel at miguel.cc
secure email with PGP 0x7D8967E9 available at http://keyserver.pgp.com/

Old 09-11-2011, 04:05 PM
"Damien Raude-Morvan"

Le jeudi 08 septembre 2011 20:25:38, Miguel Landaeta a écrit :
> Hi team,

Hi Miguel!

> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "guice".
>
> * Package name : guice
[...]
> My motivation for maintaining this package is:
> I need this library in order to build and package openid4java.

Just two small things to fix :
- there is no pristine-tar branch in git. So it's complicated to check your
orig.tar.gz
- debian/copyright: License field should be after Copyright one (for Doug Lea
part)

Cheers,
--
Damien

Old 09-11-2011, 04:20 PM
Miguel Landaeta

Hello Damien,

On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 11:35 AM, Damien Raude-Morvan
<drazzib@drazzib.com> wrote:

> Just two small things to fix :
> *- there is no pristine-tar branch in git. So it's complicated to check your
> orig.tar.gz

I usually wait until my sponsor regenerates the tarball and the package
gets accepted by ftpmasters before committing it to pristine-tar branch
in git.

You can regenerate the tarball calling get-orig-source.

> *- debian/copyright: License field should be after Copyright one (for Doug Lea
> part)

Right. Fixed.

Let me know if you find something else.
Cheers,

Miguel Landaeta, miguel at miguel.cc
secure email with PGP 0x7D8967E9 available at http://keyserver.pgp.com/

Old 09-11-2011, 06:01 PM
"Damien Raude-Morvan"

Le dimanche 11 septembre 2011 18:20:49, Miguel Landaeta a écrit :
> On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 11:35 AM, Damien Raude-Morvan
>
> <drazzib@drazzib.com> wrote:
> > Just two small things to fix :
> > - there is no pristine-tar branch in git. So it's complicated to check
> > your orig.tar.gz
>
> I usually wait until my sponsor regenerates the tarball and the package
> gets accepted by ftpmasters before committing it to pristine-tar branch
> in git.

Okay, I get you point. But it's easier for a sponsor to work entirely on git
(ie. offline) so pristine-tar is great for that.

> You can regenerate the tarball calling get-orig-source.

It's what I've already done

> > - debian/copyright: License field should be after Copyright one (for
> > Doug Lea part)
>
> Right. Fixed.

Ok, uploaded.

Cheers,
--
Damien

Old 09-11-2011, 09:23 PM
Miguel Landaeta

On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 1:31 PM, Damien Raude-Morvan
<drazzib@drazzib.com> wrote:
> Le dimanche 11 septembre 2011 18:20:49, Miguel Landaeta a écrit :
>>
>> I usually wait until my sponsor regenerates the tarball and the package
>> gets accepted by ftpmasters before committing it to pristine-tar branch
>> in git.
>
> Okay, I get you point. But it's easier for a sponsor to work entirely on git
> (ie. offline) so pristine-tar is great for that.

Noted.

> Ok, uploaded.

Thanks!
Cheers,