Old 09-07-2011, 06:05 PM
Mathieu Malaterre

Default package org.slf4j does not exist

Dear all,

I am currently stuck on the following issue, I cannot get
debian/rules in shape to pass CLASSPATH info. Here is the current
status of my debian/rules file:

http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debian-med/trunk/packages/bio-formats/trunk/debian/rules?view=markup

However during compilation it keeps on failing with:

compile:
[javac] Compiling 44 source files to
/home/mathieu/debian/debian-med/trunk/packages/bio-formats/trunk/bio-formats-4.3.1/components/common/build/classes
[javac] /home/mathieu/debian/debian-med/trunk/packages/bio-formats/trunk/bio-formats-4.3.1/components/common/build/src/loci/common/CBZip2InputStream.java:52:
package org.slf4j does not exist
[javac] import org.slf4j.Logger;
[javac] ^
[javac] /home/mathieu/debian/debian-med/trunk/packages/bio-formats/trunk/bio-formats-4.3.1/components/common/build/src/loci/common/CBZip2InputStream.java:53:
package org.slf4j does not exist
[javac] import org.slf4j.LoggerFactory;
[javac] ^

The strangest thing is that the following does provide org.slf4j.Logger:

$ CLASSPATH=/usr/share/java/slf4j-api.jar javac
bio-formats/trunk/bio-formats-4.3.1/components/common/build/src/loci/common/CBZip2InputStream.java

This is not an installation issue. Is there some kind of conflicts
with CLASSPATH I should be aware of ?

Thanks much !
--
Mathieu

Old 09-07-2011, 09:36 PM
Vincent Fourmond

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 8:05 PM, Mathieu Malaterre
<mathieu.malaterre@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debian-med/trunk/packages/bio-formats/trunk/debian/rules?view=markup
>
> *However during compilation it keeps on failing with:
>
> compile:
> * *[javac] Compiling 44 source files to
> /home/mathieu/debian/debian-med/trunk/packages/bio-formats/trunk/bio-formats-4.3.1/components/common/build/classes
> * *[javac] /home/mathieu/debian/debian-med/trunk/packages/bio-formats/trunk/bio-formats-4.3.1/components/common/build/src/loci/common/CBZip2InputStream.java:52:
> package org.slf4j does not exist
> * *[javac] import org.slf4j.Logger;
> * *[javac] * * * * * * * * ^
> * *[javac] /home/mathieu/debian/debian-med/trunk/packages/bio-formats/trunk/bio-formats-4.3.1/components/common/build/src/loci/common/CBZip2InputStream.java:53:
> package org.slf4j does not exist
> * *[javac] import org.slf4j.LoggerFactory;
> * *[javac] * * * * * * * * ^
>
> *The strangest thing is that the following does provide org.slf4j.Logger:
>
> $ CLASSPATH=/usr/share/java/slf4j-api.jar javac
> bio-formats/trunk/bio-formats-4.3.1/components/common/build/src/loci/common/CBZip2InputStream.java
>
> *This is not an installation issue. Is there some kind of conflicts
> with CLASSPATH I should be aware of ?

If you are using ant (this really looks like this is the case), the
classpath from the build.xml file may be overriding the one you give
on the command line. You may want to try with the following options to
ant:
Dbuild.sysclasspath=only

If you're using the ant cdbs class, it is just a matter of adding

ANT_OPTS := -Dbuild.sysclasspath=only

to debian/rules

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Vincent

Old 09-07-2011, 10:36 PM
Ludovic Claude

The upstream build uses Ant and it probably redefines its own classpath
during the build, and ignore the CLASSPATH environment variable.

Can you provide a link to your package sources?

Ludovic

Old 09-08-2011, 10:07 AM
Mathieu Malaterre

Salut Ludovic,

My initial work can be found at:

svn.debian.org/svn/debian-med/trunk/packages/bio-formats/trunk

It is not easy to get the source, so i would recommend using
get-orig-source from my debian/* package.

You can browse it online though

http://git.openmicroscopy.org/?p=bioformats.git;a=tree;f=jar;h=7dc8c899fde3fbecf c39dd9c049e1d495af6725f;hb=HEAD

What happen is that during repackaging I simply rm jar/*.jar , so
ant must be looking still in this dir instead of CLASSPATH.

I'll give it another shot later this week.

Thanks,

--
Mathieu

Old 09-08-2011, 10:18 AM
Mathieu Malaterre

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 11:36 PM, Vincent Fourmond <fourmond@debian.org> wrote:
> *If you are using ant (this really looks like this is the case), the
> classpath from the build.xml file may be overriding the one you give
> on the command line. You may want to try with the following options to
> ant:
> Dbuild.sysclasspath=only
>
> *If you're using the ant cdbs class, it is just a matter of adding
>
> ANT_OPTS := -Dbuild.sysclasspath=only
>
> *to debian/rules
>
> *Hope this helps,

It does