Old 08-30-2011, 07:59 AM
Torsten Werner

Default Maven 3

Hi Ludovic, Damien & others,

I've looked at <http://wiki.debian.org/Java/Maven3>. Is that page more
or less up to date? What would be a good task to start with if someone
want to contribute to packaging Maven 3?

Cheers,
Torsten

Old 08-30-2011, 07:11 PM
"Damien Raude-Morvan"

Le mardi 30 août 2011 09:59:41, Torsten Werner a écrit :
> Hi Ludovic, Damien & others,
>
> I've looked at <http://wiki.debian.org/Java/Maven3>. Is that page more
> or less up to date? What would be a good task to start with if someone
> want to contribute to packaging Maven 3?

I think this page is nearly uptodate since I haven't had time to invest into
Maven3 packaging (and, AFAIK, it seems to be the same for Ludovic...).

There is 3 important things to prepare :
- packages some missing "parent" poms (into multi or single source tarball)
- package Aether (seems to build fine with Maven 2.x) and its dependencies
- package Sisu (doesn't build under Maven 2.x AFAIK) and its dependencies
- package maven3 and its dependencies
- update all plugins (and provide a way to keep them working under Maven2 -
for examples for site plugins)

I hope I can provide some help on this but I'm already working on others task
(openjdk-7 under kfreebsd, activemq, sponsoring for netbeans and jenkins,
spring, opennebula and others packages... too much things to do :/).

Cheers,
--
Damien

Old 09-16-2011, 09:23 AM
Torsten Werner

Hi Damien,

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 9:11 PM, Damien Raude-Morvan
<drazzib@drazzib.com> wrote:
> - packages some missing "parent" poms (into multi or single source tarball)

I can start working on that next week. I would prefer a single source
and binary package ('maven-parent-poms') for all pom files. We can
split it later if there is a need for splitting. But I have a
question: do we package on 1 version per artifact with the usual
'debian' symlink? Or do we package all versions of each artifact
without the symlink? How does it work better?

Cheers,
Torsten