Old 08-23-2011, 10:36 PM
Andrew Ross

Default Netbeans Package

I've reached the stage where I've got a Netbeans 7.0.1 package building
fine with a (hopefully) complete debian/copyright file. I just pushed
the final changes this evening. I'll do some testing over the next
couple of days, but thought I'd let everyone know where I am with it.
Hopefully we can think about an upload in the not too distant future.

Code is in git at:
git://anonscm.debian.org/pkg-java/netbeans.git
git+ssh://git.debian.org/git/pkg-java/netbeans.git
http://anonscm.debian.org/git/pkg-java/netbeans.git

Thanks,
Andy

Old 08-24-2011, 07:01 PM
"Damien Raude-Morvan"

Hi Andrew,

Le mercredi 24 août 2011 00:36:50, Andrew Ross a écrit :
> I've reached the stage where I've got a Netbeans 7.0.1 package building
> fine with a (hopefully) complete debian/copyright file. I just pushed
> the final changes this evening. I'll do some testing over the next
> couple of days, but thought I'd let everyone know where I am with it.
> Hopefully we can think about an upload in the not too distant future.

First : thanks for this work. This is greatly appreciated and will help to
resolve one item from our JavaRoadmap [1].

We'll have to do a full checkup of all files inside this 72+ Mb source tarball
before upload to ensure we haven't miss some binary/non-free stuffs. I've done
a quick review of previous 6.9 tarball [2], did you check those items ?

BTW, there is one small issue with Provides/Breaks/Conflicts :
dpkg: considering removing libopenide-util-java in favour of libnb-org-
openide-util-java ...
dpkg: no, cannot proceed with removal of libopenide-util-java (--auto-
deconfigure will help):
libfreehep-util-java depends on libopenide-util-java
libopenide-util-java is to be removed.
dpkg: regarding libnb-org-openide-util-java_7.0.1+dfsg1-1_all.deb containing
libnb-org-openide-util-java:
libnb-org-openide-util-java conflicts with libopenide-util-java
libopenide-util-java (version 6.7.1-2) is present and installed.
dpkg: error processing libnb-org-openide-util-java_7.0.1+dfsg1-1_all.deb (--
install):
conflicting packages - not installing libnb-org-openide-util-java
=> I think libnb-org-openide-util-java should provide libopenide-util-java.

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianJavaReleaseGoals
[2] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=478762#138

--
Damien - Debian Developper
http://wiki.debian.org/DamienRaudeMorvan

Old 08-24-2011, 07:50 PM
Andrew Ross

Hi Damien,

Having libnb-org-openide-util-java provide libopenide-util-java seems
fine to me - I've uploaded that change.

Your list at [2] was my starting point for creating the dfsg tarball.
The debian/orig-tar.sh script captures those binaries, and also quite a
few other files, although it's entirely possible I've missed something.

I've successfully build Gephi, which uses the Netbeans platform, using
the updated packages, and everything seems to run OK.

The current version of the package doesn't build the full Netbeans
release, but it's a pretty similar subset to that built by the original
packages by Yulia Novozhilova. Given time I'm sure we could add more of
the IDE - it mostly involves packaging the dependencies then re-enabling
the relevant module. I'll try and build a list at some point.

One dependency was orphaned by Tony in his recent clearout - I'm about
to adopt that and sort out the lintian warnings etc, so I think once
you've had a chance to review the tarball then we're in pretty good shape.

Thanks,
Andy

Old 09-07-2011, 06:29 PM
Andrew Ross

Now I've got most of the core of Netbeans building OK I've been having a
look at what it would take to enable the remaining modules.

I've been trying to capture things on the Debian wiki at:
http://wiki.debian.org/Java/Netbeans

There's a few modules that could be enabled relatively easy. I've
packaged version 1.0 of swingx as a separate package libswingx1-java
based on the existing libswingx-java package - I just need the package
to be sponsored. This would enable building of the db.* packages which
would normally be included in the main distribution.

apisupport.feedreader would also normally be in the standard
distribution, and the only missing dependency is rome-fetcher.

Javascript support could perhaps be enabled if the Rhino package could
build a -src package containing all the java source (which would then
get patched to create a netbeans specific version during the build process).

Andy

Old 09-09-2011, 10:17 PM
"Damien Raude-Morvan"

Hi Andrew,

Le mercredi 07 septembre 2011 20:29:38, Andrew Ross a écrit :
> Now I've got most of the core of Netbeans building OK I've been having a
> look at what it would take to enable the remaining modules.
>
> I've been trying to capture things on the Debian wiki at:
> http://wiki.debian.org/Java/Netbeans
>
> There's a few modules that could be enabled relatively easy. I've
> packaged version 1.0 of swingx as a separate package libswingx1-java
> based on the existing libswingx-java package - I just need the package
> to be sponsored. This would enable building of the db.* packages which
> would normally be included in the main distribution.

As libswingx1-java as just been accepted into debian unstable, maybe we can
upload as is ? You can still work on providing more default modules as a
second step.

What do you think ?

Cheers,

Old 09-10-2011, 11:34 AM
Andrew Ross

On 09/09/11 23:17, Damien Raude-Morvan wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> As libswingx1-java as just been accepted into debian unstable, maybe we can
> upload as is ? You can still work on providing more default modules as a
> second step.
>
> What do you think ?
>
> Cheers,

Hi Damien,

I've just uploaded the changes I wanted to make once libswingx1-java was
accepted. I definitely think once you've reviewed the package and are
happy with it then it would be good to upload it. As you say, we can
always work on more modules later.

Thanks,
Andy

Old 09-11-2011, 03:06 PM
"Damien Raude-Morvan"

Le samedi 10 septembre 2011 13:34:31, Andrew Ross a écrit :
> I've just uploaded the changes I wanted to make once libswingx1-java was
> accepted. I definitely think once you've reviewed the package and are
> happy with it then it would be good to upload it. As you say, we can
> always work on more modules later.

Done: I just uploaded your package to Debian unstable.
It'll next be reviewed by ftp-archive team in the coming days/weeks.

Really thanks for this good work.