FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian Java

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 08-12-2011, 02:36 PM
"Jan-Pascal van Best"
 
Default Quitting Java packaging

Hi all,

Having less interest, and less time, for working on the Lucene and Solr
packages has convinced me it will be better for the team, or someone else,
to take over. Lucene2 is in a reasonable shape. I've started work on
lucene3 (it's in SVN), which builds from source, but cannot find the time
to finish it properly. Solr has already been removed from Squeeze, and I
suspect it will be too volatile a target to properly include in Debian.

I hope that the team will be able to follow up on the Lucene packages. Of
course I will be more than happy to (try to) answer any questions that
come up.

And lastly: I've enjoyed working with you on these packages, especially
during the period of initial packaging of Lucene!

Cheers

Jan-Pascal



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-java-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 212347e3ae2b6783839e36a19e5e847c.squirrel@www.vanb est.eu">http://lists.debian.org/212347e3ae2b6783839e36a19e5e847c.squirrel@www.vanb est.eu
 
Old 08-16-2011, 03:50 PM
Torsten Werner
 
Default Quitting Java packaging

Hi Jan-Pascal,

thank you for your work in the past! Should we remove you from the
Alioth project? Do you plan to remove your name from the Uploaders
fields and commit such changes to the VCS repos with an unreleased
changelog entry?

Cheers,
Torsten

On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 4:36 PM, Jan-Pascal van Best
<janpascal@vanbest.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Having less interest, and less time, for working on the Lucene and Solr
> packages has convinced me it will be better for the team, or someone else,
> to take over. Lucene2 is in a reasonable shape. I've started work on
> lucene3 (it's in SVN), which builds from source, but cannot find the time
> to finish it properly. Solr has already been removed from Squeeze, and I
> suspect it will be too volatile a target to properly include in Debian.
>
> I hope that the team will be able to follow up on the Lucene packages. Of
> course I will be more than happy to (try to) answer any questions that
> come up.
>
> And lastly: I've enjoyed working with you on these packages, especially
> during the period of initial packaging of Lucene!
>
> Cheers
>
> Jan-Pascal


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-java-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: CALj2o_05+DQkPFcwtZXeZ_Tiy=5-=+4eokqbo8EavC0u5ZM+DQ@mail.gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/CALj2o_05+DQkPFcwtZXeZ_Tiy=5-=+4eokqbo8EavC0u5ZM+DQ@mail.gmail.com
 
Old 08-16-2011, 07:43 PM
Jan-Pascal van Best
 
Default Quitting Java packaging

On 08/16/2011 05:50 PM, Torsten Werner wrote:
> Hi Jan-Pascal,
>
> thank you for your work in the past! Should we remove you from the
> Alioth project?
Please do.
> Do you plan to remove your name from the Uploaders
> fields and commit such changes to the VCS repos with an unreleased
> changelog entry?
>
Done for lucene2, commons-csv, easymock, lucene3 (including the 3.0->3.2
branch) and solr (in git).

Cheers

Jan-Pascal
 
Old 08-18-2011, 08:31 PM
Torsten Werner
 
Default Quitting Java packaging

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 9:43 PM, Jan-Pascal van Best
<janpascal@vanbest.org> wrote:
> Done for lucene2, commons-csv, easymock, lucene3 (including the 3.0->3.2
> branch) and solr (in git).

Thanks!

Torsten


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-java-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: CALj2o_1J0-qzUcPfQ5GOv4Yjn67br3Ff7FiLzJjrP1UQmBrOBg@mail.gmai l.com">http://lists.debian.org/CALj2o_1J0-qzUcPfQ5GOv4Yjn67br3Ff7FiLzJjrP1UQmBrOBg@mail.gmai l.com
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 10:27 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org