Old 08-04-2011, 06:51 PM
Torsten Werner

Default about orphaning old packages

Hi,

I want to suggest that we start orphaning older packages with no
reverse dependencies and low popcon values. I think about packages
like pentaho-reporting-flow-engine and I have generated a list of all
team maintained packages at
<http://ftp-master.debian.org/users/twerner/java.txt>. The timestamp
is the date/time of last modification. The special timestamp
(2009-11-24 22:27:32.146952+00:00) means older than that. Orphaning a
package should include a 'dch --qa' changelog entry and move the svn
tree from trunk to old. Any comments?

Cheers,
Torsten

Old 08-04-2011, 07:19 PM
Niels Thykier

On 2011-08-04 20:51, Torsten Werner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to suggest that we start orphaning older packages with no
> reverse dependencies and low popcon values. I think about packages
> like pentaho-reporting-flow-engine and I have generated a list of all
> team maintained packages at
> <http://ftp-master.debian.org/users/twerner/java.txt>. The timestamp
> is the date/time of last modification. The special timestamp
> (2009-11-24 22:27:32.146952+00:00) means older than that. Orphaning a
> package should include a 'dch --qa' changelog entry and move the svn
> tree from trunk to old. Any comments?
>
> Cheers,
> Torsten

Hey,

I like the idea of getting rid of unused stuff/crap/etc., but I think
orphaning them should be the first step towards getting them removed.
I suspect most of the packages will not be adopted by anyone.

~Niels

Old 08-04-2011, 07:27 PM
Torsten Werner

On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 9:19 PM, Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net> wrote:
> I like the idea of getting rid of unused stuff/crap/etc., but I think
> orphaning them should be the first step towards getting them removed.
> *I suspect most of the packages will not be adopted by anyone.

Sure we should get them removed after the release of wheezy.

Cheers,
Torsten