Old 07-18-2011, 03:36 PM
Wolodja Wentland

Default Clojure maintenance / leiningen

--- migrate discussion to debian-java

On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 20:30 -0700, Phil Hagelberg wrote:

> Leiningen will work fine without Clojure Contrib, but there are some
> plugins for it that require it, so it would really be better to have
> that package updated to version 1.2.0; the version currently in Debian
> is incompatible with Leiningen.

It looks as if Daigo just uploaded a new version, I guess I'll recommend it in
leiningen. Would it be a good idea to suggest leiningen in the clojure1.2
package?

> upstream is dependent upon. From my reading of the maven-repo-helper
> docs it seems to me like the Clojure1.2 package should update the
> "debian" version in /usr/share/maven-repo to point to Clojure 1.2.0.
> Is this correct?

There are two clojure packages right now (clojure and clojure1.2), I guess
that you were actually looking for the latter.

> Finally, is it OK for me to push to git.debian.org? I have an account
> on alioth (technomancy-guest) that has been added to the pkg-java
> team, but seeing as how my changes aren't working yet I thought I'd
> ask here first.

I'm fine if you push to packages if you are an Uploader, but would prefer if
we could discuss major changes beforehand.

> Should I file an ITP for an upgrade, or is that only
> for brand-new packages?

ITPs are only for new packages and not needed if you want to update to a new
version.

@Daigo:

Could you push the latest clojure-contrib version to the git repository?

I've seen that you integrated the markup generation of robert-hooke into clucy
as well and uploaded a new version to the archive already. I actually planned
to merge a refactored version of the markdown generation into hooke and clucy
soon, but that will probably only make it into the next version.

Would you like to sponsor my leiningen package, or would you prefer if I RFS
it? I will upload the package to mentors.debian.org once a few finishing
touches are done. Let me know if you see anything that you want me to change
beforehand so that I can integrate it into the version I am uploading to
m.d.o.

As this is the first Debian package I created from scratch I would welcome any
comments if something strikes you as bad or unidiomatic. You can find the
current packaging at:

Vcs-Git: git://git.debian.org/pkg-java/leiningen.git
Vcs-Browser: http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-java/leiningen.git

That's it for now.
--
.'`. Wolodja Wentland <babilen@gmail.com>
: :' :

Old 07-18-2011, 09:49 PM
Phil Hagelberg

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 8:36 AM, Wolodja Wentland <babilen@gmail.com> wrote:
> --- migrate discussion to debian-java
>
> On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 20:30 -0700, Phil Hagelberg wrote:
>> Leiningen will work fine without Clojure Contrib, but there are some
>> plugins for it that require it, so it would really be better to have
>> that package updated to version 1.2.0; the version currently in Debian
>> is incompatible with Leiningen.
>
> It looks as if Daigo just uploaded a new version, I guess I'll recommend it in
> leiningen. Would it be a good idea to suggest leiningen in the clojure1.2
> package?

Yeah, suggests sounds like the right way to do it.

> @Daigo:
>
> Could you push the latest clojure-contrib version to the git repository?

I'm also interested in this; it looks like for Clojure there are two separate
packages, clojure and clojure1.2, while clojure-contrib just has one. Was
this intentional? Personally I can't imagine anyone needing Clojure 1.1.0
these days, so I think it makes sense for both packages to be version
1.2.1. Once 1.3.0 is released there will be a need for two separate
packages as it contains lots and lots of breaking changes, but there
aren't any breaking changes between 1.1.0 and 1.2.1.

-Phil