FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian Java

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 06-27-2011, 03:44 AM
tony mancill
 
Default ITS: swt-gtk 3.7-1

Thanks for checking on the rdepends of the swt-gtk packages. I was rather
expecting there to be more of them. It's nice that it's just these 3 and that
we needn't manage a larger transition. I'll sponsor the update to swt-gtk and
it's rdepends.

Thanks,
tony

On 06/26/2011 01:58 PM, Andrew Ross wrote:
> Just to warn everyone, this upload is going to break the following
> packages, since the binary packages change name to *-3.7-*:
>
> azuereus
> trident
> tuxguitar
>
> The first two are maintained by the pkg-java-maintainers team, and Tony
> Mancill has uploaded versions of the third package, so we'll need to
> prepare new version of those too. I can handle the first couple but will
> need a sponsor.
>
> Thanks,
> Andy
>
>
> On 25/06/11 13:58, أ*مد الم*مودي wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I hope you would sponsor the upload of package "swt-gtk" for unstable.
>>
>> It builds these binary packages:
>> libswt-gtk-3.7-java - Standard Widget Toolkit for GTK+ Java library
>> libswt-gtk-3.7-jni - Standard Widget Toolkit for GTK+ JNI library
>> libswt-gnome-gtk-3.7-jni - Standard Widget Toolkit for GTK+ GNOME JNI library
>> libswt-mozilla-gtk-3.7-jni - Standard Widget Toolkit for GTK+ Mozilla JNI library
>> libswt-cairo-gtk-3.7-jni - Standard Widget Toolkit for GTK+ Cairo JNI library
>> libswt-glx-gtk-3.7-jni - Standard Widget Toolkit for GTK+ GLX JNI library
>> libswt-webkit-gtk-3.7-jni - Standard Widget Toolkit for GTK+ WebKit JNI library
>> libswt-gtk-3.7-java-gcj - Standard Widget Toolkit for GTK+ native library
>>
>> Here's the changelog entry:
>>
>> swt-gtk (3.7-1) unstable; urgency=low
>>
>> * New upstream release.
>> * Mass rename 3.6[.2] => 3.7
>> * Updated arch64.diff patch for new upstream release.
>> * Removed 02-webkit_linkage and 04-fix-webkit-includes patches as they got
>> applied upstream.
>> * debian/control: Bumped Standards-Version to 3.9.2, no changes needed.
>> * Added 01-as-needed.diff patch to use -Wl,--as-needed when linking
>> * Added debian/libswt-gtk-3.7-java.lintian-overrides
>>
>> As required, I tested the package against latest version of lintian
>> and it is lintian clean.
>>
>> The package can be found on Git:
>> ssh://git.debian.org/git/pkg-java/swt-gtk.git
>>
>> Thanks...
>>
>
>
 
Old 06-27-2011, 07:55 AM
أحمد المحمودي
 
Default ITS: swt-gtk 3.7-1

On Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 08:44:23PM -0700, tony mancill wrote:
> we needn't manage a larger transition.

On the mention of transition, do you know why didn't swt-gtk 3.6 manage
to get into testing, although all packages depending on it did migrate
to 3.6 ? Note: currently you'll find a "serious" bug against swt-gtk,
but that was just filed 9 days ago (swt-gtk & all dependencies were
transitioned a month ago)

> I'll sponsor the update to swt-gtk and it's rdepends.

Thanks, I wanted also to discuss a couple of issues:

1) Bug #631048 is not fixed in 3.7, I'm not even sure that it would
fixed in 3.7.x series [1]

2) How about removing the version from package names, ie:
libswt-gtk-3.7-java -> libswt-gtk-java
libswt-gtk-3.7-jni -> libswt-gtk-jni
libswt-gnome-gtk-3.7-jni -> libswt-gnome-gtk-jni
libswt-mozilla-gtk-3.7-jni -> libswt-mozilla-gtk-jni
libswt-cairo-gtk-3.7-jni -> libswt-cairo-gtk-jni
libswt-glx-gtk-3.7-jni -> libswt-glx-gtk-jni
libswt-webkit-gtk-3.7-jni -> libswt-webkit-gtk-jni
libswt-gtk-3.7-java-gcj -> libswt-gtk-java-gcj

Since the API of SWT seems to be not changing.

[1] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=327696
--
‎أ*مد الم*مودي (Ahmed El-Mahmoudy)
Digital design engineer
GPG KeyID: 0xEDDDA1B7
GPG Fingerprint: 8206 A196 2084 7E6D 0DF8 B176 BC19 6A94 EDDD A1B7
 
Old 06-27-2011, 08:18 AM
Andrew Ross
 
Default ITS: swt-gtk 3.7-1

On 27/06/11 08:55, أ*مد الم*مودي wrote:
>
> On the mention of transition, do you know why didn't swt-gtk 3.6 manage
> to get into testing, although all packages depending on it did migrate
> to 3.6 ? Note: currently you'll find a "serious" bug against swt-gtk,
> but that was just filed 9 days ago (swt-gtk & all dependencies were
> transitioned a month ago)
>

Hi Ahmed,

The transition didn't occur because of a "serious" bug filed against
Azureus. I just fixed that on Saturday and Tony uploaded it yesterday,
so it'll be a few days before migration could take place. I believe it
may require the release team to add a hint to encourage all the
dependencies to be updated at the same time.

I'd certainly support removing at least the minor version from the
package names. Another option would be to keep the major version, so
have libswt-gtk-3-java etc, since if/when there's a version 4 I'd guess
the API will be more broken.

Thanks,
Andy


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-java-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 4E083CC4.6090102@rossfamily.co.uk">http://lists.debian.org/4E083CC4.6090102@rossfamily.co.uk
 
Old 06-28-2011, 04:51 AM
tony mancill
 
Default ITS: swt-gtk 3.7-1

On 06/27/2011 01:18 AM, Andrew Ross wrote:
> On 27/06/11 08:55, أ*مد الم*مودي wrote:
>>
>> On the mention of transition, do you know why didn't swt-gtk 3.6 manage
>> to get into testing, although all packages depending on it did migrate
>> to 3.6 ? Note: currently you'll find a "serious" bug against swt-gtk,
>> but that was just filed 9 days ago (swt-gtk & all dependencies were
>> transitioned a month ago)
>>
>
> Hi Ahmed,
>
> The transition didn't occur because of a "serious" bug filed against
> Azureus. I just fixed that on Saturday and Tony uploaded it yesterday,
> so it'll be a few days before migration could take place. I believe it
> may require the release team to add a hint to encourage all the
> dependencies to be updated at the same time.
>
> I'd certainly support removing at least the minor version from the
> package names. Another option would be to keep the major version, so
> have libswt-gtk-3-java etc, since if/when there's a version 4 I'd guess
> the API will be more broken.
>
> Thanks,
> Andy

I don't have a feel for how much the API might change between releases, but
libswt-gtk-3-java seems reasonable. Shall we change it for this upload or go
ahead and introduce 3.7 to the archive?

Thank you,
tony
 
Old 06-29-2011, 05:13 AM
أحمد المحمودي
 
Default ITS: swt-gtk 3.7-1

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 09:51:27PM -0700, tony mancill wrote:
> I don't have a feel for how much the API might change between releases, but
> libswt-gtk-3-java seems reasonable. Shall we change it for this upload or go
> ahead and introduce 3.7 to the archive?
---end quoted text---

I have changed it for this upload, please sponsor.

It builds these binary packages:
libswt-gtk-3-java - Standard Widget Toolkit for GTK+ Java library
libswt-gtk-3-jni - Standard Widget Toolkit for GTK+ JNI library
libswt-gnome-gtk-3-jni - Standard Widget Toolkit for GTK+ GNOME JNI library
libswt-mozilla-gtk-3-jni - Standard Widget Toolkit for GTK+ Mozilla JNI library
libswt-cairo-gtk-3-jni - Standard Widget Toolkit for GTK+ Cairo JNI library
libswt-glx-gtk-3-jni - Standard Widget Toolkit for GTK+ GLX JNI library
libswt-webkit-gtk-3-jni - Standard Widget Toolkit for GTK+ WebKit JNI library
libswt-gtk-3-java-gcj - Standard Widget Toolkit for GTK+ native library

Here's the changelog entry:

swt-gtk (3.7-1) unstable; urgency=low

* New upstream release.
* Mass package rename 3.6[.2] => 3 (Use major version only).
* Updated arch64.diff patch for new upstream release.
* Removed 02-webkit_linkage and 04-fix-webkit-includes patches as they got
applied upstream.
* debian/control: Bumped Standards-Version to 3.9.2, no changes needed.
* Added 01-as-needed.diff patch to use -Wl,--as-needed when linking
* Added debian/libswt-gtk-3.7-java.lintian-overrides
* Added debian/gbp.conf
* debian/Makefile: Figure out the RELEASE from Debian changelog instead of
hard-coding it.

As required, I tested the package against latest version of lintian
and it is lintian clean.

The package can be found on Git:
ssh://git.debian.org/git/pkg-java/swt-gtk.git


--
‎أ*مد الم*مودي (Ahmed El-Mahmoudy)
Digital design engineer
GPG KeyID: 0xEDDDA1B7
GPG Fingerprint: 8206 A196 2084 7E6D 0DF8 B176 BC19 6A94 EDDD A1B7
 
Old 07-01-2011, 06:42 PM
Andrew Ross
 
Default ITS: swt-gtk 3.7-1

On 29/06/11 06:13, أ*مد الم*مودي wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 09:51:27PM -0700, tony mancill wrote:
>> I don't have a feel for how much the API might change between releases, but
>> libswt-gtk-3-java seems reasonable. Shall we change it for this upload or go
>> ahead and introduce 3.7 to the archive?
> ---end quoted text---
>
> I have changed it for this upload, please sponsor.
>

And I've now updated both trident and azureus.

azureus is in git here:
git://anonscm.debian.org/pkg-java/azureus.git
git+ssh://git.debian.org/git/pkg-java/azureus.git
http://anonscm.debian.org/git/pkg-java/azureus.git

The only thing I changed was the dependencies. There's still a lintian
warning about a newer standards version since I haven't checked if any
changes are needed.


trident is in svn here:
Vcs-Svn: svn://svn.debian.org/svn/pkg-java/trunk/trident
Vcs-Browser: http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-java/trunk/trident/

As well as updating the dependencies I had to modify debian/copyright
slightly (replace Author(s) with Author) due to a new lintian warning.

Let me know if you'd like me to upload them to mentors.debian.net. They
both still need tagging in the repositories with the new version.

Thanks,
Andy


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-java-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 4E0E152D.6020700@rossfamily.co.uk">http://lists.debian.org/4E0E152D.6020700@rossfamily.co.uk
 
Old 07-01-2011, 07:02 PM
Andrew Ross
 
Default ITS: swt-gtk 3.7-1

On 01/07/11 19:42, Andrew Ross wrote:
> On 29/06/11 06:13, أ*مد الم*مودي wrote:
>> On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 09:51:27PM -0700, tony mancill wrote:
>>> I don't have a feel for how much the API might change between releases, but
>>> libswt-gtk-3-java seems reasonable. Shall we change it for this upload or go
>>> ahead and introduce 3.7 to the archive?
>> ---end quoted text---
>>
>> I have changed it for this upload, please sponsor.
>>
>
> And I've now updated both trident and azureus.
>
> azureus is in git here:
> git://anonscm.debian.org/pkg-java/azureus.git
> git+ssh://git.debian.org/git/pkg-java/azureus.git
> http://anonscm.debian.org/git/pkg-java/azureus.git
>
> The only thing I changed was the dependencies. There's still a lintian
> warning about a newer standards version since I haven't checked if any
> changes are needed.
>
>
> trident is in svn here:
> Vcs-Svn: svn://svn.debian.org/svn/pkg-java/trunk/trident
> Vcs-Browser: http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-java/trunk/trident/
>
> As well as updating the dependencies I had to modify debian/copyright
> slightly (replace Author(s) with Author) due to a new lintian warning.
>
> Let me know if you'd like me to upload them to mentors.debian.net. They
> both still need tagging in the repositories with the new version.
>
> Thanks,
> Andy

Actually I'm going to incorporate the Ubuntu patch to azureus to use
webkit rather than xulrunner, since that will make it much easier to fix
#631048. It should be updated in git shortly.

Andy


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-java-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 4E0E19DF.1060705@rossfamily.co.uk">http://lists.debian.org/4E0E19DF.1060705@rossfamily.co.uk
 
Old 07-01-2011, 07:19 PM
أحمد المحمودي
 
Default ITS: swt-gtk 3.7-1

On Fri, Jul 01, 2011 at 08:02:55PM +0100, Andrew Ross wrote:
> Actually I'm going to incorporate the Ubuntu patch to azureus to use
> webkit rather than xulrunner, since that will make it much easier to fix
> #631048. It should be updated in git shortly.
---end quoted text---

I think the better approach is to depend on:
libswt-webkit-gtk-3-jni | libswt-mozilla-gtk-3-jni

Also, please try building/running azureus without the no-mozilla.diff
patch.

By the way, I am thinking of disabling the libswt-mozilla-gtk-3-jni
package, until upstream supports xulrunner2, any comments ?

--
‎أ*مد الم*مودي (Ahmed El-Mahmoudy)
Digital design engineer
GPG KeyID: 0xEDDDA1B7
GPG Fingerprint: 8206 A196 2084 7E6D 0DF8 B176 BC19 6A94 EDDD A1B7
 
Old 07-01-2011, 09:14 PM
Andrew Ross
 
Default ITS: swt-gtk 3.7-1

On 01/07/11 20:19, أ*مد الم*مودي wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 01, 2011 at 08:02:55PM +0100, Andrew Ross wrote:
>> Actually I'm going to incorporate the Ubuntu patch to azureus to use
>> webkit rather than xulrunner, since that will make it much easier to fix
>> #631048. It should be updated in git shortly.
> ---end quoted text---
>
> I think the better approach is to depend on:
> libswt-webkit-gtk-3-jni | libswt-mozilla-gtk-3-jni
>
> Also, please try building/running azureus without the no-mozilla.diff
> patch.
>
> By the way, I am thinking of disabling the libswt-mozilla-gtk-3-jni
> package, until upstream supports xulrunner2, any comments ?
>

Thanks for the suggestions. I've updated the dependencies as you
suggest. I tried without the no-mozilla.diff patch, and it seems to
build and run fine so I've dropped the patch. I also fixed the rules
file to clean fully. It's still lintian clean.

I was thinking that disabling the build of libswt-mozilla-gtk-3-jni
would be the best way to deal with #631048 for now - that's why I wanted
azureus not to depend on it. If upstream add support for xulrunner2 then
we can always re-enable it.

Thanks,
Andy


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-java-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 4E0E38AB.1040302@rossfamily.co.uk">http://lists.debian.org/4E0E38AB.1040302@rossfamily.co.uk
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 02:21 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org