Old 06-23-2011, 11:10 PM
Jérémie Koenig

Default OpenJDK7 on Debian GNU/kFreeBSD

Hi,

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 9:55 PM, Damien Raude-Morvan
<drazzib@drazzib.com> wrote:
> FYI, I'm currently trying to port OpenJDK7 to kfreebsd-i386 and kfreebsd-amd64
> arch. Not ready for prime time yet but I hope to get something working during
> summer.

I'm porting it to hurd-i386. So far I have been able to build a
working zero jvm. I attach my current patches, at a minimum they will
help you figure out where to expect trouble. Eventually, we should
probably work towards a single "non-Linux" patch.

Note that among other things, hurd.diff fixes an os-independent issue
which prevents zero to build on i386 (see
hotspot/src/share/vm/runtime/vmStructs.cpp).

The hotspot version fails to build because Hurd lacks a libthread_db,
which is required by the "serviceability agent" (hotspot/agent). A
shark bootstrap builds but does not work so far.

--
Jérémie Koenig <jk@jk.fr.eu.org>
http://jk.fr.eu.org/

Old 06-28-2011, 06:57 PM
"Damien Raude-Morvan"

Hi,

Le vendredi 24 juin 2011 01:10:43, Jérémie Koenig a écrit :
> I'm porting it to hurd-i386. So far I have been able to build a
> working zero jvm. I attach my current patches, at a minimum they will
> help you figure out where to expect trouble. Eventually, we should
> probably work towards a single "non-Linux" patch.

Are you working on openjdk-7 or openjdk-6 ?
Maybe we can try to merge part of your work into
https://code.launchpad.net/~openjdk/openjdk/openjdk7 ?

> Note that among other things, hurd.diff fixes an os-independent issue
> which prevents zero to build on i386 (see
> hotspot/src/share/vm/runtime/vmStructs.cpp).

Yes, already fixed on my side.

Thanks for your feedback,

Cheers,
--