Old 06-06-2011, 07:57 AM
James Page

Default RFS: akuma (NEW)

Hi All

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "akuma".

* Package name : akuma
Version : 1.4-1
Upstream Author : Kohsuke Kawaguchi
* License : MIT
Section : java

It builds these binary packages:
libakuma-java - Embeddable daemonization library for Java
libakuma-java-doc - Documentation for Embeddable daemonization library

The upload would fix these bugs: 629073

My motivation for maintaining this package is that it is a dependency
for packaging jenkins.

I've uploaded the package to git.debian.org:
- ssh://git.debian.org/git/pkg-java/akuma.git

The package can also be found on mentors.debian.net:
main contrib non-free
- dget
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/a/akuma/akuma_1.4-1.dsc

Thanks

James

--
James Page
Software Engineer, Ubuntu Server Team

Old 06-16-2011, 04:07 AM
tony mancill

On 06/06/2011 12:57 AM, James Page wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "akuma".
>
> * Package name : akuma
> Version : 1.4-1
> Upstream Author : Kohsuke Kawaguchi
> * License : MIT
> Section : java
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> libakuma-java - Embeddable daemonization library for Java
> libakuma-java-doc - Documentation for Embeddable daemonization library

> The upload would fix these bugs: 629073
>
> My motivation for maintaining this package is that it is a dependency
> for packaging jenkins.
>
> I've uploaded the package to git.debian.org:
> - ssh://git.debian.org/git/pkg-java/akuma.git
>
> The package can also be found on mentors.debian.net:
> main contrib non-free
> - dget
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/a/akuma/akuma_1.4-1.dsc

Hi James,

There seem to be questions regarding the upstream source license. The
source files themselves don't mention a license, the pom.xml claims the
MIT license, while the upstream homepage claims CDDL-1.0. Since the
project some recent upstream activity, perhaps the author could clarify.

Cheers,
tony

Old 06-16-2011, 09:20 AM
James Page

Hi Tony

On Wed, 2011-06-15 at 21:07 -0700, tony mancill wrote:
> There seem to be questions regarding the upstream source license. The
> source files themselves don't mention a license, the pom.xml claims
> the
> MIT license, while the upstream homepage claims CDDL-1.0. Since the
> project some recent upstream activity, perhaps the author could
> clarify.

Good spot; I think that a number of project on java.net now have
inconsistent project information - there was a large migration onto a
new platform early this year and I'm not sure all the information on the
website is correct.

I've raised a bug upstream and contacted Kohsuke (project owner) via
email to get this resolved.

FYI Kohsuke is really keen to see Jenkins in an official distro and has
committed to resolve and blocking issues as quickly as he can. I know
he is running some Jenkins training at the moment so hopefully he will
pickup end of this week/next week.

Cheers

James

Old 06-17-2011, 07:04 AM
James Page

Hi Tony

On Thu, 2011-06-16 at 10:20 +0100, James Page wrote:
> > There seem to be questions regarding the upstream source license.
> The
> > source files themselves don't mention a license, the pom.xml claims
> > the
> > MIT license, while the upstream homepage claims CDDL-1.0. Since the
> > project some recent upstream activity, perhaps the author could
> > clarify.
>
> Good spot; I think that a number of project on java.net now have
> inconsistent project information - there was a large migration onto a
> new platform early this year and I'm not sure all the information on
> the
> website is correct.
>
> I've raised a bug upstream and contacted Kohsuke (project owner) via
> email to get this resolved.

Resolved - Kohsuke has confirmed that the license should be MIT and has
updated the java.net project site accordingly so should now be
consistent.

Cheers

James