Old 06-05-2011, 05:23 PM
"Damien Raude-Morvan"

Default ITS: localizer

Le vendredi 03 juin 2011 11:30:29, James Page a écrit :
> Hi All
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "localizer".
>
> * Package name : localizer
> Version : 1.12-1
> Upstream Author : Kohsuke Kawaguchi
> * License : MIT
> Section : java
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> liblocalizer-java - type-safe access to message resources
> liblocalizer-java-doc - Documentation for type-safe access to message
> resources
>
> The package is almost lintian clean; The overriden warning is not
> applicable to this package (see
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=629056)
>
> The upload would fix these bugs: 628803
>
> My motivation for maintaining this package is that it is a dependency
> for packaging the Jenkins CI toolset.
[...]

I'll sponsor this package (since tony mancill as been faster than me on guava
/ manven-antrun-extended ).

Cheers,
--
Damien

Old 06-05-2011, 09:43 PM
"Damien Raude-Morvan"

James,

Le dimanche 05 juin 2011 19:23:48, Damien Raude-Morvan a écrit :
> Le vendredi 03 juin 2011 11:30:29, James Page a écrit :
> > Hi All
> >
> > I am looking for a sponsor for my package "localizer".
> >
> > * Package name : localizer
> >
> > Version : 1.12-1
> > Upstream Author : Kohsuke Kawaguchi

> > * License : MIT
[...]

I couldn't find anything regarding license in upstream orig.tar : where did you
get the MIT licencing terms ?
FTP Masters won't be happy with a package with LICENSE/COPYING and/or at least
some file headers.

Could you please check this ?

Damien - Debian Developper
http://wiki.debian.org/DamienRaudeMorvan

Old 06-06-2011, 07:15 AM
James Page

Hi Damien

On Sun, 2011-06-05 at 23:43 +0200, Damien Raude-Morvan wrote:

> I couldn't find anything regarding license in upstream orig.tar :
> where did you
> get the MIT licencing terms ?

The licensing terms came from the project website - see
http://java.net/projects/localizer

> FTP Masters won't be happy with a package with LICENSE/COPYING and/or
> at least
> some file headers.

Making the assumption that the MIT licensing terms via the website is
in-sufficient I'll contact the upstream author to see if I can get this
referenced within the source code.

Thanks for reviewing/sponsoring.

Cheers

James

--
James Page
Software Engineer, Ubuntu Server Team

Old 06-10-2011, 10:07 PM
James Page

Hi Damien

On Sun, 2011-06-05 at 23:43 +0200, Damien Raude-Morvan wrote:
> > > * License : MIT
> [...]
>
> I couldn't find anything regarding license in upstream orig.tar :
> where did you
> get the MIT licencing terms ?
> FTP Masters won't be happy with a package with LICENSE/COPYING and/or
> at least
> some file headers.
>
> Could you please check this ?

Upstream (Kohsuke Kawaguchi) updated the source code with license and
copyright information and re-released this project.

I've updated the packaging to version 1.13 and pushed to git.debian.org.

Please could you re-review now this licensing issue has been remedied.

Thanks

James

Old 06-12-2011, 05:27 PM
"Damien Raude-Morvan"

Hi James,

Le samedi 11 juin 2011 00:07:02, vous avez écrit :
> Upstream (Kohsuke Kawaguchi) updated the source code with license and
> copyright information and re-released this project.
> I've updated the packaging to version 1.13 and pushed to git.debian.org.
> Please could you re-review now this licensing issue has been remedied.

Fine, just uploaded to NEW.

Old 06-12-2011, 05:34 PM
James Page

On Sun, 2011-06-12 at 19:27 +0200, Damien Raude-Morvan wrote:
> > Please could you re-review now this licensing issue has been
> remedied.
>
> Fine, just uploaded to NEW.

Thankyou for sponsoring my work

Cheers