FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian Java

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 06-05-2011, 05:24 PM
"Damien Raude-Morvan"
 
Default ITS: metainf-services

Le mercredi 01 juin 2011 13:00:24, James Page a écrit :
> Hi All
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "metainf-services".
>
> * Package name : metainf-services
> Version : 1.1-1
> Upstream Author : Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@kohsuke.org>
> * URL : http://java.net/projects/metainf-services
> * License : MIT
> Section : java
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> libmetainf-services-java - META-INF/services generator
> libmetainf-services-java-doc - Documentation for META-INF/services
> generator
>
> The package appears to be lintian clean.
>
> The upload would fix these bugs: 628721
>
> My motivation for maintaining this package is that it is a dependency of
> Jenkins (which I am also working on).

I'll sponsor this package.

--
Damien
 
Old 06-09-2011, 03:06 PM
Damien Raude-Morvan
 
Default ITS: metainf-services

On Sun, 5 Jun 2011 19:24:59 +0200, "Damien Raude-Morvan"
<drazzib@drazzib.com> wrote:
> Le mercredi 01 juin 2011 13:00:24, James Page a écrit :
>> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "metainf-services".
>>
>> * Package name : metainf-services
[...]
>> My motivation for maintaining this package is that it is a dependency
of
>> Jenkins (which I am also working on).

I've the same comments as on "localizer" : I couldn't find anything
regarding license / copyright in upstream orig.tar.gz
and, AFAIK, refering to a website for licensing information is not an
acceptable practice for FTP Masters.

Could you please contact upstream about this ?

Cheers,
--
Damien


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-java-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 0b7a534a7e9165c4ab4e4a8597111449@drazzib.com">http ://lists.debian.org/0b7a534a7e9165c4ab4e4a8597111449@drazzib.com
 
Old 06-09-2011, 03:43 PM
James Page
 
Default ITS: metainf-services

Hi Damien

On Thu, 2011-06-09 at 17:06 +0200, Damien Raude-Morvan wrote:
> I've the same comments as on "localizer" : I couldn't find anything
> regarding license / copyright in upstream orig.tar.gz
> and, AFAIK, refering to a website for licensing information is not an
> acceptable practice for FTP Masters.
>
> Could you please contact upstream about this ?

Yes and apologies - I should have picked this up after the feedback you
gave on localizer; I've also identified a few other packages in the
pipeline that also have this issue.

I have noted that some packages make reference to the license in the
Maven pom.xml file - for example:

<licenses>
<license>
<name>GNU Lesser General Public License version 2.1</name>
<url>http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl.html</url>
</license>
<license>
<name>COMMON DEVELOPMENT AND DISTRIBUTION LICENSE (CDDL) Version
1.0</name>
<url>http://www.sun.com/cddl/cddl.html</url>
</license>
</licenses>

Is this acceptable practice? It still references out to an external
website but it does state the licensing within the original source code.

Cheers

James

--
James Page
Software Engineer, Ubuntu Server Team
 
Old 06-09-2011, 03:43 PM
James Page
 
Default ITS: metainf-services

Hi Damien

On Thu, 2011-06-09 at 17:06 +0200, Damien Raude-Morvan wrote:
> I've the same comments as on "localizer" : I couldn't find anything
> regarding license / copyright in upstream orig.tar.gz
> and, AFAIK, refering to a website for licensing information is not an
> acceptable practice for FTP Masters.
>
> Could you please contact upstream about this ?

Yes and apologies - I should have picked this up after the feedback you
gave on localizer; I've also identified a few other packages in the
pipeline that also have this issue.

I have noted that some packages make reference to the license in the
Maven pom.xml file - for example:

<licenses>
<license>
<name>GNU Lesser General Public License version 2.1</name>
<url>http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl.html</url>
</license>
<license>
<name>COMMON DEVELOPMENT AND DISTRIBUTION LICENSE (CDDL) Version
1.0</name>
<url>http://www.sun.com/cddl/cddl.html</url>
</license>
</licenses>

Is this acceptable practice? It still references out to an external
website but it does state the licensing within the original source code.

Cheers

James

--
James Page
Software Engineer, Ubuntu Server Team
 
Old 06-10-2011, 10:34 AM
James Page
 
Default ITS: metainf-services

Hi Damien

On Thu, 2011-06-09 at 16:43 +0100, James Page wrote:
> > I've the same comments as on "localizer" : I couldn't find anything
> > regarding license / copyright in upstream orig.tar.gz
> > and, AFAIK, refering to a website for licensing information is not
> an
> > acceptable practice for FTP Masters.
> >
> > Could you please contact upstream about this ?
>
> Yes and apologies - I should have picked this up after the feedback
> you
> gave on localizer; I've also identified a few other packages in the
> pipeline that also have this issue.

The upstream project have already added headers to the SVN code
repository; however this is as yet unreleased. Would it be acceptable
to apply a patch based on the associated svn commit as part of building
the orig.tar.gz and move to version 1.1+svn25 as the version number for
this library?

Let me know

Cheers

James

--
James Page
Software Engineer, Ubuntu Server Team
 
Old 06-13-2011, 05:23 PM
"Damien Raude-Morvan"
 
Default ITS: metainf-services

Le vendredi 10 juin 2011 12:34:28, James Page a écrit :
> The upstream project have already added headers to the SVN code
> repository; however this is as yet unreleased. Would it be acceptable
> to apply a patch based on the associated svn commit as part of building
> the orig.tar.gz and move to version 1.1+svn25 as the version number for
> this library?

Maybe you can just extract and build a new upstream tarball from this release
?

Regards,
--
Damien
 
Old 06-13-2011, 06:22 PM
James Page
 
Default ITS: metainf-services

On Mon, 2011-06-13 at 19:23 +0200, Damien Raude-Morvan wrote:
> Maybe you can just extract and build a new upstream tarball from this
> release
> ?

I've asked upstream to push a release; might happen quickly (I'm away
for the next couple of days so will check Thursday).

Cheers

James

--
James Page
Software Engineer, Ubuntu Server Team
 
Old 06-28-2011, 09:17 AM
James Page
 
Default ITS: metainf-services

Hi Damien

n Mon, 2011-06-13 at 19:22 +0100, James Page wrote:
> > Maybe you can just extract and build a new upstream tarball from
> this
> > release
> > ?
>
> I've asked upstream to push a release; might happen quickly (I'm away
> for the next couple of days so will check Thursday).

Upstream re-released last night after resolving the lack of licensing
information - took a bit longer as someone from Oracle had already added
headers to the source code which where incorrect - this has been
resolved by the upstream author who has clarified the copyright and
licensing for this project.

I've updated the packaging and pushed to git.debian.org. Please could
you review and upload if you are happy with the changes.

Thanks

James

--
James Page
Software Engineer, Ubuntu Server Team
 
Old 06-28-2011, 11:28 AM
"Damien Raude-Morvan"
 
Default ITS: metainf-services

Le mardi 28 juin 2011 11:17:23, James Page a écrit :
> Hi Damien

Hi James,

> n Mon, 2011-06-13 at 19:22 +0100, James Page wrote:
> > > Maybe you can just extract and build a new upstream tarball from
> >
> > this
> >
> > > release
> > > ?
> >
> > I've asked upstream to push a release; might happen quickly (I'm away
> > for the next couple of days so will check Thursday).
>
> Upstream re-released last night after resolving the lack of licensing
> information - took a bit longer as someone from Oracle had already added
> headers to the source code which where incorrect - this has been
> resolved by the upstream author who has clarified the copyright and
> licensing for this project.
>
> I've updated the packaging and pushed to git.debian.org. Please could
> you review and upload if you are happy with the changes.

It's ok for me.
Uploaded.

Cheers,
--
Damien
 
Old 06-28-2011, 11:38 AM
James Page
 
Default ITS: metainf-services

On Tue, 2011-06-28 at 13:28 +0200, Damien Raude-Morvan wrote:
> >
> > I've updated the packaging and pushed to git.debian.org. Please
> could
> > you review and upload if you are happy with the changes.
>
> It's ok for me.
> Uploaded.

Thanks

Cheers

James

--
James Page
Software Engineer, Ubuntu Server Team
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 02:45 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org