Old 06-01-2011, 10:37 AM
James Page

Default RFS: args4j

Hi All

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "args4j".

* Package name : args4j
Version : 2.0.16-1
Upstream Author : Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@kohsuke.org>
* License : MIT
Section : java

It builds these binary packages:
libargs4j-java - Java command line arguments parser
libargs4j-java-doc - Documentation for Java command line arguments
parser

The upload would fix these bugs: 625453

My motivation for maintaining this package is that it is a dependency of
Jenkins (which I am working on packaging).

main contrib non-free
- dget
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/a/args4j/args4j_2.0.16-1.dsc

I would be grateful if someone uploaded this package for me.

Regards

James

--
James Page
Software Engineer, Ubuntu Server Team

Old 06-04-2011, 05:18 AM
tony mancill

On 06/01/2011 03:37 AM, James Page wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "args4j".
>
> * Package name : args4j
> Version : 2.0.16-1
> Upstream Author : Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@kohsuke.org>
> * License : MIT
> Section : java
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> libargs4j-java - Java command line arguments parser
> libargs4j-java-doc - Documentation for Java command line arguments
> parser

> The upload would fix these bugs: 625453
>
> My motivation for maintaining this package is that it is a dependency of
> Jenkins (which I am working on packaging).

> main contrib non-free
> - dget
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/a/args4j/args4j_2.0.16-1.dsc
>
> I would be grateful if someone uploaded this package for me.
>
> Regards
>
> James

Hi James,

The package looks good to me. Before uploading it to the NEW queue, I
think we should list Jan Materne and Mark Sinke to debian/copyright.
Their names are listed in pom.xml, project.xml and ./xdocs/changes.xml,
and so I assume that they're also copyright holders. (Admittedly, it's
not really clear from the upstream license file and the individual files
don't carry any sort of license statement.) If you're okay with that, I
can make the change to the repo and prepare the upload.

Cheers,
tony

Old 06-04-2011, 07:08 AM
James Page

On Fri, 2011-06-03 at 22:18 -0700, tony mancill wrote:

> The package looks good to me. Before uploading it to the NEW queue, I
> think we should list Jan Materne and Mark Sinke to debian/copyright.
> Their names are listed in pom.xml, project.xml
> and ./xdocs/changes.xml,
> and so I assume that they're also copyright holders. (Admittedly, it's
> not really clear from the upstream license file and the individual
> files
> don't carry any sort of license statement.) If you're okay with that,
> can make the change to the repo and prepare the upload.

I agree its not clear but as there is no copyright assignment for this
project it would make sense to add them (its a good assumption).

Happy for you to make the changes and upload - thanks!

Cheers

James