Old 05-24-2011, 06:03 PM
Miguel Telleria de Esteban

Default Unable to skip the test phase with maven-debian-helper 1.1

Dear all,

In the midst of my maven Debian learning phase I am struggling to
remove the test phase by passing the variable:

maven.test.skip = true

which is the way according to the documentation[1] to disable the test
phase.

[1]
http://www.sonatype.com/books/mvnref-book/reference/running.html#running-sect-define-prop
http://wiki.debian.org/Java/MavenBuilder

Now the question is how to pass this variable to the package build
process?

A. Using maven.properties

The maven.properties file is added in the maven invocation with the
option:

-Dproperties.file.manual=<package_builddir>/debian/maven.properties

However the skip rules seems to be ignored. I have tried the
following contents:

content1:
maven.test.skip=true

content2:
-Dmaven.test.skip=true

content3
<settings>maven.test.skip=true</settings>

B. Using the option -Dmaven.test.skip in the command line by adding in
debian/rules

DEB_MAVEN_ARGS := -Dmaven.test.skip=true

I see this option passed in the maven invocation but the test are
still run.

The command line invocation (taken from debuild's log) is (in a single
line):

cd . && /usr/lib/jvm/default-java/bin/java -noverify
-cp /usr/share/maven2/boot/classworlds.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/default-java/lib/tools.jar
-Dproperties.file.manual=/home/miguel/learning/esper/debian_package/esper-4.0.0/debian/maven.properties
-Dclassworlds.conf=/etc/maven2/m2-debian.conf
org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher -s/etc/maven2/settings-debian.xml
-Dmaven.repo.local=/home/miguel/learning/esper/debian_package/esper-4.0.0/debian/maven-repo
-Dmaven.test.skip=true
package

Invoking manually creates the same results, this is, the tests are
still executed.

Any more ideas will be welcome.

Note: I am still using maven-debian-helper 1.1

Miguel

--

(O-O)
---oOO-(_)-OOo-----------------------------------------------------

Miembro de http://www.linuca.org Membre du http://www.bxlug.be
¿Usuario captivo o libre? http://www.obtengalinux.org/windows/
Free or captive user? http://www.getgnulinux.org/windows/

Old 05-24-2011, 07:38 PM
Torsten Werner

Hi Miguel,

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 8:03 PM, Miguel Telleria de Esteban
<miguel@mtelleria.com> wrote:
> Now the question is how to pass this variable to the package build
> process?

just add a file debian/maven.properties with the contents

maven.test.skip=true

if you are using cdbs.

Cheers,
Torsten

Old 05-24-2011, 07:49 PM
Russ Allbery

Miguel Telleria de Esteban <miguel@mtelleria.com> writes:

> In the midst of my maven Debian learning phase I am struggling to
> remove the test phase by passing the variable:

> maven.test.skip = true

> which is the way according to the documentation[1] to disable the test
> phase.

Are you sure this isn't supposed to be -DskipTests? That's what works for
me with Maven. For example, from one of our internal packages'
debian/rules:

override_dh_auto_build:
mvn package -DskipTests

Old 05-24-2011, 09:56 PM
Ludovic Claude

Both maven.test.skip=true and skipTests=true will work, but
maven.test.skip=true is probably better as the compiler plugin will not
compile tests. If you want to be really sure that all plugins will
ignore tests, put both properties in debian/maven.properties

Ludovic