-   -   RFS: libjna-java (updated package) (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-java/529369-rfs-libjna-java-updated-package.html)

Andrew Ross 05-22-2011 09:09 PM

RFS: libjna-java (updated package)

Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 3.2.7-2
of the package "libjna-java".

It builds these binary packages:
libjna-java - Dynamic access of native libraries from Java without JNI
libjna-java-doc - Dynamic access of native libraries from Java without
JNI (documentation)

The update I have made is to build and install the platform.jar
contributed module. The source was already in the upstream although the
build system was missing so I have added a basic one. This is a
dependency of the Netbeans 6.9.1 and 7 platforms.

main contrib non-free
- dget
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libjna-java/libjna-java_3.2.7-2.dsc

Kind regards
Andrew Ross

tony mancill 05-23-2011 03:01 AM

RFS: libjna-java (updated package)

Hi Andrew,

The build artifacts from the platform.jar are ending up in the libjna-java-doc
package (use debdiff or debc and see
/usr/share/doc/libjna-java-doc/examples/platform/build/com/sun/jna/platform/*).
Is that intentional?

Thanks,
tony

Andrew Ross 05-23-2011 09:14 PM

RFS: libjna-java (updated package)

Hi Tony,

Thanks for checking over the package. No, that wasn't supposed to happen
- I hadn't noticed the contrib files were included as examples. I've
uploaded a replacement to mentors.debian.org.

Thanks,
Andrew

Andrew Ross 05-27-2011 05:39 PM

RFS: libjna-java (updated package)

Hi Tony,

I've now uploaded a version containing a fix for #620122 based on the
patch provided by Ubuntu in the bug report. I think this should go into
experimental for some testing initially.

main contrib non-free
- dget
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libjna-java/libjna-java_3.2.7-3.dsc

Thanks,
Andy

Andrew Ross 06-03-2011 05:45 PM

RFS: libjna-java (updated package)

Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 3.2.7-4
of my package "libjna-java".

It builds these binary packages:
libjna-java - Dynamic access of native libraries from Java without JNI
libjna-java-doc - Dynamic access of native libraries from Java without
JNI (documen

The upload would fix these bugs: 629081

main contrib non-free
- dget
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libjna-java/libjna-java_3.2.7-4.dsc

Kind regards
Andrew Ross

Niels Thykier 06-04-2011 04:49 PM

On 2011-06-03 19:45, Andrew Ross wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 3.2.7-4
> of my package "libjna-java".
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> libjna-java - Dynamic access of native libraries from Java without JNI
> libjna-java-doc - Dynamic access of native libraries from Java without
> JNI (documen

> The upload would fix these bugs: 629081

> main contrib non-free
> - dget
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libjna-java/libjna-java_3.2.7-4.dsc

> Kind regards
> Andrew Ross

Appears to have been sponsored by tmancill.

~Niels

tony mancill 06-04-2011 05:39 PM

On 06/04/2011 09:49 AM, Niels Thykier wrote:
> On 2011-06-03 19:45, Andrew Ross wrote:
>> Dear mentors,
>>
>> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 3.2.7-4
>> of my package "libjna-java".
>>
>> It builds these binary packages:
>> libjna-java - Dynamic access of native libraries from Java without JNI
>> libjna-java-doc - Dynamic access of native libraries from Java without
>> JNI (documen
>>
>> The package appears to be lintian clean.
>>
>> The upload would fix these bugs: 629081
>>
>> The package can be found on mentors.debian.net:
>> - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable
>> main contrib non-free
>> - dget
>> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libjna-java/libjna-java_3.2.7-4.dsc
>>
>> I would be glad if someone uploaded this package for me.
>>
>> Kind regards
>> Andrew Ross
>>

> Appears to have been sponsored by tmancill.
>
> ~Niels

Yes - sorry I didn't post back to the list about sponsoring libjna-java and
tiger-types. I traded emails with the packagers respectively on some questions,
and then neglected post back to the list. I'll be sure to file an ITS (Intent
To Sponsor) going forward.

tony

Niels Thykier 06-04-2011 08:44 PM

On 2011-06-04 19:39, tony mancill wrote:
> On 06/04/2011 09:49 AM, Niels Thykier wrote:
>> [...]
>>
>> Appears to have been sponsored by tmancill.
>>
>> ~Niels
>
> Yes - sorry I didn't post back to the list about sponsoring libjna-java and
> tiger-types. I traded emails with the packagers respectively on some questions,
> and then neglected post back to the list. I'll be sure to file an ITS (Intent
> To Sponsor) going forward.
>
> tony

No worries; it just helps me no wondering why there is an RFS with no
follow. Furthermore, Asheesh mentioned that the lack of a responds on
d-mentors@l.d.o was bad because it could scare potential contributors
away (and they would be unlikely to see the "uploaded" email on the
pkg-java list).

But yes, an ITS email would be great - then I wouldn't have to consider
the RFS for my TODO list. XD

~Niels